We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for hotel between Denver Airport and Boulder

Which Boulder hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, Maryland
1 post
Save Topic
Looking for hotel between Denver Airport and Boulder

Flying into Denver from east coast late and headed to Estes Park the next morning. Looking for a decent, but not too expensive hotel to spend the night between Denver Airport and Boulder.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,943 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for hotel between Denver Airport and Boulder

If you arriving after 10pm or so, I'd just get a hotel near the airport and easy and well lit drive. Then up early in the morning to head to Estes Park, much nicer to be able to see where you are going and the views of the mountains. https://flydenver.com/hotelsneartheairport

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
10,206 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for hotel between Denver Airport and Boulder

I agree with Casa. But if you still prefer to get a head start, check the hotels off of US 36 in Westminster, Broomfield, or Louisville. The really good scenery begins after that. I

Edited: 29 March 2014, 23:50
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,684 posts
413 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for hotel between Denver Airport and Boulder

One piece of routing advice, do avoid the E470 tollroad that is the shortest route from airport to Estes Park. It will cost you a fortune with rental car toll surcharges. Take Pena Blvd to I-70 to I-270 and US36. There's a pod of hotels at 40th Avenue and Pena Blvd that offers some nice options. That will leave you with a stretch of I-70 in the morning that will be a traffic issue. If you head up US36 to Broomfield and Westminster, as suggested previously, you'll miss that piece of traffic then just have to deal a bit with Boulder. But there are a ton of choices up there including Hampton, Courtyard, TownPlace, etc. I stay up there quite frequently. That will be a lot cheaper than airport.

Good luck.

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
10,206 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for hotel between Denver Airport and Boulder

I meant to post some links but was interrupted.

Hotels in Broomfield and Westminster: hotelguides.com/colorado/1st-bank-center-hot…

Louisville: hotelguides.com/colorado/louisville-co-hotel…

5. Re: Looking for hotel between Denver Airport and Boulder

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2015, 06:15