We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adventure and Romance with in a few hours drive?

Which Boulder hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Brunswick...
Level Contributor
36 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Adventure and Romance with in a few hours drive?

I am coming back to Boulder for a week to visit my sister... That being said we want to travel a little and are willing to drive a few hours as we are willing to stay overnight. I am interested in trying some new adventures and exploring the outdoors. We are willing to either do 2 nights at once or two one night trips... We have been to Vail, A quick day trip to colorado springs as well and Rocky Mountain NP for the day...Open to all thoughts suggestions...

Thanks

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,468 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adventure and Romance with in a few hours drive?

https://www.devilsthumbranch.com is near Winter Park as is Wild Horse Inn http://www.wildhorseinn.com/

If you want more of a resort experience the Ski Tip B&B in Keystone is molto romantico. I have celebrated many an anniversary there. The restaurant is one of my favorites in the state. infor here keystoneresort.com/plan-a-vacation/…

Plus all sort of adventures available in the County Check this link out tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i21445-Summit_C…

Edited: 26 June 2014, 22:14
Niles, Illinois
Level Contributor
102 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adventure and Romance with in a few hours drive?

Romance? Oh you've got to go to Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort! We just got back from there and its gorgeous! Check it out. It is about 3 hours from Denver. They have an adult section with cascading small hot springs pools surrounded by mountains. For adventure you could go into town of Buena Vista or Salida and go white water rafting.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g33562-d123375-…

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,468 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adventure and Romance with in a few hours drive?

maryjoanfive I was going to suggest the same thing! In Salida there is the Palace Hotel. I'd probably stay there if you can't get a room at the Hot Springs. Get a massage at the Hot Springs and you get access to the adult pool areas., same as if you are a guest. www.nowthisiscolorado.com/salida-colorado

There is a trail head for the Colorado Trail just up from the Hot Springs.

4. Re: Adventure and Romance with in a few hours drive?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2015, 07:16