We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to go about booking condo - Please help!

Which Breckenridge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
Level Contributor
119 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
How to go about booking condo - Please help!

Hi there - I'm hoping our local expert can give me some tips - I've decided on trip to Breck w/husband - in early Feb (pre-President's wkend). I have decided on Hyatt Main Street Station. I've read lots of reviews (would like to request not facing the street if possible!) ... Where do I go to best book this? I've been on the Breckenridge website & see I can book thru there? Is that recommended? I am only looking to book lodging as I am doing airfare on my own & getting discounted lift tix thru a relative that works at 1 of the sister mntns. Also, I've read about on-site checkin not always being available. I know they have concerige at Main St Station & want to be able to check in there - will not have a car & will be doing a shuttle from Denver airport, etc ...

I'd love any recs - thanks so much in advance!

indianapolis
Destination Expert
for Indianapolis
Level Contributor
462 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to go about booking condo - Please help!

My advice would be to contact Hyatt by phone or the resort for booking that week. The home resort period ends six months before say the week that you are interested in. So after that if the home resort week is not booked by someone they can offer the week to yourself. Good luck. The resort is very nice. Just got back from there last month. Off season I know, but it still is beautiful scenery.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How to go about booking condo - Please help!

Have stayed at MSS many times but secured accommodation through VRBO.com. Many of the rooms are fractional ownership (new term for timeshare). I'd advise to book ahead. Doing on-site checkin would be a BIG mistake during the week you're there. Expect MSS to be fully booked for Feb by end of November, if not sooner.

Pros: location, Pioneer Club for breakfast, nice rooms. Did I say location?

Cons: Forget the room thermostat. Open the window because it will be warm. Beds are soft. Hideaway bed is a back-breaker.

NYC
Level Contributor
119 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to go about booking condo - Please help!

I meant to say "I'd like to check in at the same place I'm staying" as opposed to having to go somewhere else & check in & then find our way to that specific hotel (I had read that not all condo/properties etc had check in) .. I am absolutely making my reservations way in advance!!! (as in the next few weeks). I looked at the Hyatt Main Street website but when I typed in my dates it showed nothing available - when I type in those same dates on the Breckenridge booking website it comes up with availability. That's what I meant - do I go thru the Breck website, or some other booking place! I will check out VRBO!

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How to go about booking condo - Please help!

Call MSS direct and find out what the deal is. VRBO has about 10 listings. Do a sort by "neighborhood" for easy find.

NYC
Level Contributor
119 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to go about booking condo - Please help!

It's all so confusing! So - the Hyatt Main St Station actually consists of 4 buildings - 1 is a Hyatt which is all timeshares & not rented to others? (this is what I'm told) and the others are privately owned & rented out? (but still have access to all Hyatt amenities?) ..... So, if the Breckenridge website is showing availability at Hyatt Main Street Station - are these too 1 of those 3 other buildings?! There is no way at all to actually stay at the Hyatt itself? I'm used to hotels & have never really delved into this timeshare/condo rental thing!

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How to go about booking condo - Please help!

I've always stayed in bld #3. I sure you're correct that only bld #1 is the Hyatt but remember this is a Hyatt Vacation Club Member Only resort so yes, bld #1 is I believe a timeshare. But even timehare owners rent out their units and this is done through MSS front desk . . .and by other means too. Probably can find postings by googling. Owners in the other buildings can pay the Hyatt to fill their rooms or do it on their own, like thru VRBO.

Also check out Grand Timber Lodge for similar type accomodations. They have a website.

NYC
Level Contributor
119 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to go about booking condo - Please help!

Thanks Luv2Ski007! You've been very helpful! It's a learning experience! I have looked at Grand Timber Lodge as well, but I think we'd prefer to be right on the street! I appreciate all of your help! I did make contact with an owner thru VRBO & am considering it. I guess it doesn't make that much of a diff. what building you are in, or does it? (when at MSS?) Still get to use the amenities of the Hyatt?

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How to go about booking condo - Please help!

Area map can be found at mainstreetstation.com/imagesvc/location_mapl…

I was wrong about main building. It's #2, not #1. Ski valet, lockers, and the small workout area (with showers) is on ground level at rear of #2 facing peak 9. About 100 steps (with some one set of stairs) from ski pickup to lift . . . if you're skiing that is.

Enjoy.

indianapolis
Destination Expert
for Indianapolis
Level Contributor
462 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to go about booking condo - Please help!

THe rooms / timeshare is held for each unit until 6 months before the time of use week. So if after that the unit is not used then it can be rented by someone else. Glad that you are checking on it so early , but really they can not give them up until after that dead line is passed. Part of their contracts with the owners. Keep on trying to have someone work with you. Maybe you could put in a request and if it becomes open then they could accomadate your week. It can be difficult.

Colorado
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: How to go about booking condo - Please help!

Part of Main Street Station is a timeshare and the other part is privately owned condos. You do not need to wait to book the condos. The management company that has the front desk on site is called ResortQuest. You can call them directly. Another good way to book any kind of lodging reservation in Breckenridge is with the Resort Chamber. Their web-site is gobreck.com. Instead of calling all of the management companies or hotels directly the Chamber represents 95% of the lodging in town. You should find a good deal from them!