We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greyhound Bus from Denver

panama city, florida
Level Contributor
110 posts
6 reviews
Greyhound Bus from Denver

An idea was mentioned in another one of my posts... Has anyone taken a Greyhound Bus from the Denver Airport to Frisco and then taken the Frisco shuttle to Breckenridge? What was you experience in time and cost and convenience?

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
1. Re: Greyhound Bus from Denver

I see no indication from greyhnd website that there is a pickup at DEN airport. If not, you'll need to take a shuttle to either Aurora or dwntwn Denver.

Colorado
Level Contributor
12,958 posts
16 reviews
2. Re: Greyhound Bus from Denver

Luv2ski is correct, there is no Greyhound service from DIA. You'd have to go to the downtown Denver Greyhound station.

nashville
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Greyhound Bus from Denver

ok, talked to airport ground transport today. there is no longer a greyhound terminal there (used to be but not anymore). so you have to take a public bus to the downtown bus station about 25 m away ( about an hour's ride) then take the greyhound (also apparently slow) then transfer in Frisco. Basically gonna be a big tax. Nevermind about that being easier.

Denver, CO
14 posts
4. Re: Greyhound Bus from Denver

The last post was right, I don't think you can take a greyhound from DIA. However, you can take the RTD (local bus) to Union Station in downtown denver (direct and quick) then hop on the bus to frisco and catch a shuttle to Breck. I have take the bus from Denver to Glenwood Springs in the summer and it was really quite nice. Having never taken the bus long distance before I thought it might be awful. From what I hear it is much cheaper than taking a ski shuttle from the airport. Since their is usually a bit of traffic heading up to the mountains, the bus really isn't much slower.

Colorado
Level Contributor
12,958 posts
16 reviews
5. Re: Greyhound Bus from Denver

Well LM, all of our posts were right if you read them. You can't do it that way without a big hassle.

I cannot imagine schlepping luggage and gear from the airport to the bus terminal to the shuttle in Frisco. What a pain! Renting a car makes much more sense.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
6. Re: Greyhound Bus from Denver

Here in Colorado Greyhound is the transportation mode of last resort. There was a time that young people would ride the bus from Denver to Vail to ski and maybe some still do (does anyone know). You can also ride it to Frisco and hook up with the free Summit Stage Bus. However, it's dirty, crowded, and not a great way to travel. If at all possible spend the $75 for a shuttle or rent a car.

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
7,522 posts
265 reviews
7. Re: Greyhound Bus from Denver

Renting a car is good if you are ok with driving in the mountains in snow in heavy traffic and need a car for your whole stay. If not then a shuttle from DIA to Breck would be smarter and safer. Check out the following website - www.luckymountainhome.com/howtogethere.asp on how to get there.

8. Re: Greyhound Bus from Denver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 08:16