We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leadville Railroad/Georgetown Loop

Which Breckenridge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Leadville Railroad/Georgetown Loop

My family and I are staying in Breckenridge and it looks like both Leadville and the Georgetown Loop are close - about 50 minutes away. My question is which one is the better ride? Also, are there ever any coupons for these tickets?

Thanks to anyone who responds!

Genesee, CO
Level Contributor
642 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leadville Railroad/Georgetown Loop

I have been on the georgetown loop. It is a nice scenic ride and an optional mining tour at the end.

However, haven't been on the leadville one, so can't compare :)

I do notice that the trips on Georgetown are shorter and run more often, so that might be a consideration for timing on your trip.

I don't know of any coupons for either. Our entertainment book doesn't have any.

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
10,212 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leadville Railroad/Georgetown Loop

I also replied to your other post about the Georgetown Loop. One thing to keep in mind, you MUST call ahead for reservations. I can't remember ever seeing any discount coupons for that train. You might check with the Georgetown Chamber of Commerce or Silver Plume if they have one.

Sorry, I haven't ridden the Leadville train either, but I am almost sure someone posted about it a few weeks ago.

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
10,212 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leadville Railroad/Georgetown Loop

The search feature is a handy tool...

tripadvisor.com/…12098388

4. Re: Leadville Railroad/Georgetown Loop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 19:18