We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mountain thunder, blue sky or river mountain

Which Breckenridge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
685 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
mountain thunder, blue sky or river mountain

I finally found a 2br condo on VRBO for Mountain Thunder. However, I also found a 2br condo for the same price at Blue Sky and a 1br at River Mountain for $80 less a night. Walking distance, how far is each of these to main street? I looked at the map and it makes everything look more spread out than what it is. If money wasn't the main goal, which of these is the most luxurious?

Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mountain thunder, blue sky or river mountain

Blue Sky & Mtn Thunder

River Mtn. Lodge

RML is a nice place but built in 1984 so in terms of sheer luxury, it cannot compare to places just built.

Main St. is not a far walk for all.

RML- real close- 1 minute

Mtn. Thunder- 4-5 minutes

Blue Sky- 7-9 minutes

Matt

Florida
Level Contributor
685 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mountain thunder, blue sky or river mountain

Thanks so much Matt. You have been so helpful. Although I don't know you, I value your opinion. You are a wealth of knowledge. So I will try to decide tonight between Mountain Thunder and Blue Sky since they are the same price. Do you know if both are a flat walk or do we have to walk uphill? Normally I'm not this crazy about lodging choices but this is the first time hubby and I will have a vacation without our son and I want it to be perfect. A bad room/location for 8 nights can make for a miserable vacation. Thanks again.

Florida
Level Contributor
685 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mountain thunder, blue sky or river mountain

I booked Mountain Thunder today. For others reading this post trying to decide I will post a review when I return.

Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mountain thunder, blue sky or river mountain

Mtn. Thunder is a flat walk to Main St.

Blue Sky is a downhill walk for a few minutes then flat... thus making the return trip uphill at the end.

Matt

5. Re: mountain thunder, blue sky or river mountain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 09:21