We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breckenridge atmosphere

London, England
Level Contributor
83 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Breckenridge atmosphere

Hi

Am off to Breckenridge for a week this July and just wanted a bit of info really.

We will be there for a wedding but want to know if theres much going on this time of year as its obviously not the ski season.

Love a bit of culture and will do a few day trips visiting nearby attractions but when we go out for dinner and a few drinks will the atmosphere be good ?

Sorry to sound a bit ignorant but have never been to the states and really don't know what to expect.

Cheers

Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
Level Contributor
3,289 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breckenridge atmosphere

July has a lot going on in Summit County. Lots of visitors up enjoying the mountains and the cool summer temperatures.

Should be good atmosphere when you go out.

Recommend

Blue River Bistro- good restaurant and nice small bar

Downstairs at Erics- sports bar

Hearthstone- high end

Breakfast- Daylight Donuts- hole in the wall, but popular local hang out

July is a good time to be in Summit County

Enjoy!

Matt

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
674 posts
419 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breckenridge atmosphere

Relish has a nice outdoor patio that overlooks the riverwalk. Food is innovative and good. Inside very upscale. We like to sit outside at Empire Burger for lunch.

Colorado
Level Contributor
787 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breckenridge atmosphere

Weekends in the mountains are very busy. If you are driving up to Breck from Denver, plan for heavy traffic on Friday afternoon/evening and also heading back down to Denver on Sunday afternoons. It can sometimes take hours. I would avoid I-70 during those times, if possible.

Our summers are fabulous with lots of activities, and probably just as much going on as in the winter during ski season. You will love summer in the Rockies.

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,453 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breckenridge atmosphere

There is a saying up here in the mountains "People come for the winters but stay for the summers" There is way more going on in the summer than in the winter. There is the symphony, theatre, mine tours, eating, drinking, horseback riding, hot air ballooning, hiking, alpine slide, ATV tours, museums and the list goes on and on. You won't run out of things to do and there is something for everyone.

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,795 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breckenridge atmosphere

Nevera is right - Although ski season is fun, I look forward to our mild and beautiful summers. For me there is more to do! Nothing beats sitting outside with a beer/cocktail and enjoying the majestic view of the mountains - usually no bugs - no humidity - no loud city noises - just the most wonderful place on earth to be... IMO of course!!!

Make sure to go river rafting! Have Fun!

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
674 posts
419 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breckenridge atmosphere

FourFun is so right. We ski every year, but this summer will be staying two weeks. Just ran out of time to cram in all the things that we wanted to do last year. So nice to get out of hot hot weather in TX and come to this paradise. There are a lot of scenic hikes, just bring your hiking boots. You can eat more too, because you stay active. yeah! Hey Four Fun, Frisco Marina.

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,795 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breckenridge atmosphere

One of my favorite hang outs - especially Friday evenings after work! See you this summer jamietoys!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,486 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Breckenridge atmosphere

Yes July is very busy. All the people that would be on the mountain are in town. Even though it is summer it gets quite cool at night. Most likely it will rain for a time in the afternoon.

Lots to do, it is a great time to be here!

For something truly unique the Alpenglow Stube or Ski Tip Lodge both a short drive from Breck at Keystone. To get to the Stube you take the ski gondola up to the top of the mountain.

Ski Tip is IMO the best restaurant in the area. It is the original stagecoach stop very small and intimate. Both are costly though.

In Breck I too like Relish and Modis.

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,453 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Breckenridge atmosphere

I love Ski Tip for its uniqueness, quaintness and very personalized service. The food ain't bad either and sitting by the fireplace for dessert and coffee is priceless. The Ranch is also a really nice place (also at Keystone on the golf course with beautiful mountain views) and also very expensive.

Modis in Breckenridge is very good as well. I like it better than Hearthstone these days.

evergreen, colorado
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Breckenridge atmosphere

Breck in the summer is technicolor with all of the beautiful flowers, too, I absolutely love it.