We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snow Conditions for Breckenridge this year in Early December

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
201 reviews
Save Topic
Snow Conditions for Breckenridge this year in Early December

Would like some ideas I am planning to organize a Ski Resort Travbuddy meet up for Breckenridge.

I am looking between December 11 to 16th 2009.

I was wondering if anyone out there has any predictions of what the snow quality will be like at this time. I was hoping to go when the most of the ski runs are open and there is lots of skiing and good quality ski.

What do you all recommend and predict for these dates?

I hope to get people in on the most potential this place has for skiers,boarders and no skiers and boarders.

What do you all suggest? let me know.

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
648 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snow Conditions for Breckenridge this year in Early December

It is SO hard to predict what the snow is going to be like at the resorts in December. It is still relatively early in the season and sometimes there is not much more than man-made snow and a handfull of runs open. But, other years, the snow starts falling early and almost the entire resort is open in mid-December. There is a 50/50 chance of either scenarios happening.

You are definitely safer the later you plan your trip. I will say that this summer has been unusually cooler and wetter in Colorado, so if that continues through the fall and winter, then I would maybe guess that the snow will fall early and there will be a bit more than average. But then again, that's just a guess!

Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
Level Contributor
3,263 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snow Conditions for Breckenridge this year in Early December

agree, hard to gauge.

Here is the Farmers Almanac prediction for this year

http://www.almanac.com/weatherforecast/us/13

Colorado
Level Contributor
391 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snow Conditions for Breckenridge this year in Early December

As others have said, hard to predict, but for fun you can go back and look at weather/snow historically for Breck on this site: snow-forecast.com/resorts/…bot

Again, should be used for entertainment purposes since using the past for future ski conditions in December would be tough ;-)

4. Re: Snow Conditions for Breckenridge this year in Early December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2010, 07:16