We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from Breckenridge--visit Mt Evans or Estes Park? Please help

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
from Breckenridge--visit Mt Evans or Estes Park? Please help

My husband and myself are going to be in Denver for a few days in early August. We then are attending a wedding in Breckenridge. The next day, we are going back to Denver to stay before we fly out. We want to do a little sightseeing and hiking in the Rocky Mts. Would you suggest us spending the say in either Mt Evans or Estes Park, on our way back to Denver? We only have time for one.

Thank you!

Pagosa Springs...
Destination Expert
for Durango, Pagosa Springs
Level Contributor
415 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from Breckenridge--visit Mt Evans or Estes Park? Please help

I'd recommend Mt Evans. You'll have more time to spend in the mtns versus driving. You would need to plan on 5+ hours in the car to get to Estes and back to Denver, plus any time spent driving around RMNP. Breck to Denver is 2 hours...

Consider stopping in Georgetown and exploring Guanella Pass too. There used to be a great ice cream shop in downtown Georgetown - hopefully it's still there.

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
674 posts
419 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: from Breckenridge--visit Mt Evans or Estes Park? Please help

I would suggest that you skip RMNP and Mt. Evans all together and spend your mountain time in and around beautiful Breckenridge--so much more to do there!!!!

3. Re: from Breckenridge--visit Mt Evans or Estes Park? Please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2011, 06:28