We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy ski clothing?

Forest Row, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Where to buy ski clothing?

I will be visiting Breckenridge for the first time with friends at the end of January for a couple of weeks.

All I have purchased so far is a ski jacket. As we're currently living in Australia, the ski gear here is pretty expensive and I wondered if it might be better value to buy at the resort.

Does anyone have any comments on the value for money of ski gear in Breckenridge itself? If so, details of any recommended shops would be great!

Leon, Ks
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy ski clothing?

Try the Sports Authority in Silverthorne or buy some in Denver before you head to Breck.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,612 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy ski clothing?

Main Street Outlet in Breck has a huge selection at fair prices.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to buy ski clothing?

My hubby and I have just booked to go too, we live in the Dominican Republic and before that the Caribbean coast of Mexico - my husband doesn't even OWN a jacket or shoes/boots.

We are staying with friends which is helpful for the odd loan - but my plan is to hit TJ Maxx clearance store the day after we get there. There are a few in Denver and we have hire car.

They are all over US and in UK (where we're from).

Everything is super cheap and excellent known brands too - I don't shop anywhere else these days!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,612 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to buy ski clothing?

Don't count on TJ Maxx having much in the way of ski clothing. Warm stuff yes but not for the slopes.

Edited: 11 January 2011, 21:59
Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
11,488 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to buy ski clothing?

We've always had good luck at the Outlets at Silverthorne. Columbia and Great Outdoor Clothing usually have lots of ski wear.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,612 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to buy ski clothing?

Yes good idea Babalax, I like the great outdoor company too!

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to buy ski clothing?

Even if you purchase full priced retail clothing from any of Breckenridge's premier shops it will be FAR less than what you have in Australia. The cost of ski clothing for you at home is marked up far higher than most Americans understand, and while shopping at outlets or in Denver will be exceptional deals, even retail price will be a very pleasant surprise for you.

8. Re: Where to buy ski clothing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2011, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Breckenridge