We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breckenridge rafting

oklahoma
Level Contributor
75 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Breckenridge rafting

This will be our first trip to Breckenridge. We are bringing our 8 and 5 year old boys. We have been told that we should try some rafting. I don't want to do anything to scary because we will have our boys with us. Also we don't want to drive too far because this is a short trip. Any suggestions on a reputable company that I could call to schedule this? Also any suggestions on rivers or areas for beginner rafting?

Mentioned in this post
Louisiana
Level Contributor
9 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breckenridge rafting

Contact AVA, Arkansas Valley Adventures. They can set you up with everything from a float trip to class 4 rapids. Sounds like you want a float trip. I have used them twice with no issues. Have fun.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,846 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breckenridge rafting

We rafted Bighorn Canyon on the Arkansas last week. There is still alot of water in it, though the season is winding down. There were many kids your kids age. It is not a float trip. There are rapids at many stretches. Class 2 maybe 3. Great fun! Problem ?? It's 2 hours away in Canon City down route 9. There is also the Royal Gorge train. We left early AM from Breck, grabbed the train trip in Canyon City (your kids might like this too), then did the afternoon raft trip with WAO 'Advenure Outfitters' on US 50... Ask for Ian.

We ate a quick dinner in Canon City and we were back in Breck by 7:00PM.

The rafting outfitters in Breck can reserve trips... We went 'cold' and were accomodated. I don't think there is a problem unless all the guides went home or back to school.

Mentioned in this post
Canon City
Canon City
Colorado
Breck Inn
Breck Inn
309 Reviews
Breckenridge, CO
3. Re: Breckenridge rafting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 07:19