We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will Dew Tour bring huge crowds/hinder skiing?

Which Breckenridge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St. Petersburg...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Will Dew Tour bring huge crowds/hinder skiing?

I just heard that the Mountain Dew Tour will be in Breck on the dates that we will be going there and i was wondering if this is going to make the trip less enjoyable? Specifically, does it bring massive amounts of people to the area and does it limit the areas that people can ski?

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,179 posts
393 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will Dew Tour bring huge crowds/hinder skiing?

The only way it would impact you is if you wanted to ride in the pipe. It will take up no room at all on the mountain from regular skiing or riding. In fact, I'll bet you won't even know it's happening. But I do recommend cruising by the venue and watching some of the action. It's all a plus, no negatives at all - especially on a mountain as massive as Breck.

St. Petersburg...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Will Dew Tour bring huge crowds/hinder skiing?

awesome! Thanks for the response.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
517 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Will Dew Tour bring huge crowds/hinder skiing?

Agreed. I've found the mountain to be no more congested, and perhaps a bit less congested away from the pipe when a major event is there. I'd advise getting an outdoor seat on the deck at the bar at the bottom of Peak 9 and watching the carnage.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
517 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Will Dew Tour bring huge crowds/hinder skiing?

I misspoke. It's the bottom of Peak 8, not 9.

5. Re: Will Dew Tour bring huge crowds/hinder skiing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2011, 13:16
6. Re: Will Dew Tour bring huge crowds/hinder skiing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 02:19
Get answers to your questions about Breckenridge