We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

End of August rafting

Which Breckenridge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Holmdel, New Jersey
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
End of August rafting

My 1st visit to Breckenridge with my family will be the last week of August. Is this too late for WWRafting for teens? Just exploring things to do now. Any great suggestions for active family with 4 teens is welcome and appreciated. Looking also for off the beaten path, nearby towns etc. Thanks in advance.

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,703 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: End of August rafting

For rafting in August I would wait until you got to the area to book - or at least post on tripadvisor a week or so prior to your visit. WWR is subject to flows - my guess for end of August would be to do a double Shoshone (Class III) run on the Colorado in the Glenwood Springs area. You could tie it together with a hot spring visit. And/Or come back to Breck by driving down to Aspen and across Independence Pass - then via Leadville or Buena Vista back to Breck.

You could also do a float trip down the Colorado via the Pumphouse Run.

www.CROA.org

Breckenridge...
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: End of August rafting

Yeah, water levels tend to drop as the summer goes on. It is definitely not something I would book really far in advance. Lots of good hiking in this area. Here is a link to the New Summit Hiker book on amazon. Used copies for like $3. This thing is my bible in the summertime.

amazon.com/New-Summit-Hiker-Touring-Guide/…

3. Re: End of August rafting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2013, 10:22