We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving to Denver from Beck on a Monday morning

CT
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Driving to Denver from Beck on a Monday morning

I am going to Denver for a biz trip, and decided to go early and go to Breckenridge for the weekend. Get into DEN Friday afternoon around 3:00 and then will drive to Breckenridge for the weekend. I have to be in downtown Denver Monday by noon. I assume there will be normal Monday morning rush hour traffic - will I be okay if I leave Breckenrige at 9:00am?

TIA!

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,796 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving to Denver from Beck on a Monday morning

You will totally be fine - should be light to no traffic. If there is a snowstorm it is not unusual for the tunnel to close, so consider leaving earlier if a storm is coming or the night before.

CT
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving to Denver from Beck on a Monday morning

Great, thanks for the info.

Here's another question... On the way to Breckenridge Friday afternoon we want to stop and pick up some groceries, maybe some sandwiches and some beer/wine. Along the way from Denver, where would be a good place to stop?

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,612 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving to Denver from Beck on a Monday morning

There is a City Market in Breck, if you want to stop in Denver the Youngfield exit on the west end of town. Great liquor store there too, Applejacks.

http://www.applejack.com

CT
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving to Denver from Beck on a Monday morning

Great, thank-you! Looking forward to the weekend.

Thoughts on where to catch the SuperBowl Sunday? We will be skiing all day, so won't be able to go anywhere early, but we aren't super big sports fans, so not really looking for a sports bar. Looking for a casual spot for dinner and some drinks where we can catch a little of the game.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,612 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driving to Denver from Beck on a Monday morning

Kenosha on Main street is good, they get busy though so go before your starving. Kind of the same for any place in Breck,

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,796 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Driving to Denver from Beck on a Monday morning

There is also a City market in Dillon, just off I-70, and right next door is Dillon Ridge Liquors. As well as a Natural Grocer across the street from them. In Frisco just off I-70 is Safeway and a little ways down the strip mall is Antler's liquor store. If you buy in the county then nothing with thaw/get warm as both places are pretty close to Breck. The City Market in Breck is smaller, and sells out, so once you are in town the only other option is Skee Vue Grocer - a small local Grocer, there is a liquor store right next door to them. Also nearby is Amazing Grace a tiny natural grocer/eatery. Everyplace sells sandwiches/quick grab and go foods.

The Breckenridge Brewery might be a good spot for the game - it is going to be crowded everywhere you go. I might even call ahead to get an idea of waits.

Edited: 31 January 2013, 15:57
7. Re: Driving to Denver from Beck on a Monday morning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2014, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Breckenridge