We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Epic Day Pass

Which Breckenridge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sturgis, Michigan
Level Contributor
127 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Epic Day Pass

We are headed out on Friday for a Spring Break trip to Breckenridge. We ordered passes online and they have arrived. They are very different from what we do at our little resorts here in Southern Michigan. It says on the Epic Day pass cards (one for each of us) that we don't have to go to the window....just straight to the lift. How does this work? Do they just scan the card every time anyone goes on a lift so they know who's paid? We did a multi-day pass (4 out of 5 for the hubby and 3 out of 5 for the boys and I since we are doing a day of lessons with lift)...will is just use the days up as we use them? Where can we pick up wickets to attach them (or what do they use???).

Anyone do the tracking with the Epic passes? I think it would be fun for the boys to see how far they've skied when we're done....of the four of us going, only my husband has ever seen the Rockies and the ski place we go to around here will look like a sledding hill after they see what real mountains look like!

Thanks to everyone for all the help planning...these forums are amazing resources and I'm thankful to have locals and seasoned travelers insights.

Jackie

Sturgis, MI

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Epic Day Pass

Just put the pass in your coat pocket. The gates will read them when you pass thru.

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,703 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Epic Day Pass

Each person should sign up for an EPIC account here... https://www.epicmix.com/welcome.aspx…

You keep the pass in a pocket and the scanners sense it under clothing. There are scanners around the mountain/lifts and it notates where you have been - where you are. A great way to keep track of kids. In your account there are awards you can win for accomplishing different things, it will track your vertical feet, and if you see the EPIC photographers out there - they will take free photos and you can see them in your account. You can also link it to your facebook account to post the pics. A nifty little program!

Sturgis, Michigan
Level Contributor
127 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Epic Day Pass

Thanks for the quick replies...answers a lot of questions I just couldn't get answered online!

1FourFun...you said a great way to keep track of kids. We let ours go wherever they'd like at our little place here by home (after proving they know ski etiquette of course). We assumed Breck would be just too big to send them anywhere on their own. They are certainly capable skiers/boarders, but at 8 and 12 I figured supervision would still be necessary there. We are staying for four days. Any thoughts on any areas they might get some freedom? FWIW...they are doing one full day lesson the same day I am so they won't be stuck with us that day :-) That's the day my husband will hit all the black diamond runs the rest of us won't even touch! (He's been skiing for over 40 years as opposed to our 2 year track record).

Thanks again all! Started packing this weekend and so ready to hit the road!

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Epic Day Pass

As long as your two kids stay together they'll be fine. Give them a phone and turn them loose with the 12 yr old in charge. The Peak 7 area is a great place to ski for kids IMO>

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,703 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Epic Day Pass

I had a conversation with an 8 year old yesterday who was proud to inform me he and his buddy were allowed to roam Keystone and meet the parents at 1pm for lunch - you will find there are many responsible kiddos out and about. I can not stress the importance enough of informing your kids to know the skiers etiquette and to ALWAYS LOOK UP AND YIELD when crossing another run. Check out this blog I happened upon... braveskimom.com/ski-etiquette-the-skier-resp…

Have fun!

6. Re: Epic Day Pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2014, 05:16