We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BlueSky vs. Mountain Thunder Lodge

Kennett Square...
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
BlueSky vs. Mountain Thunder Lodge

We are deciding between these 2 places for our July trip. Any thoughts on these? They both seem to have great reviews but it seems like Mt. Thunder has no air and I'm not sure how that will work in July. Thanks for any thoughts!

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
10,840 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BlueSky vs. Mountain Thunder Lodge

It's not much of an issue in the mountains. The nights are always cool and day time temps don't get "hot".

There was a long thread last year about the necessity of A/C:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60945-i436-k53859…

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,345 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: BlueSky vs. Mountain Thunder Lodge

All things being equal, which they are not bet the 2 places, get A/C. July is warmest month but avg high is only 74. I think Blue Sky is nicer but further away from town. Got a car go with Blue Sky IMO.

weather.com/weather/…USCO0040

Kennett Square...
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BlueSky vs. Mountain Thunder Lodge

Thanks! We decided to go with Blue Sky, the reviews were so good and the price was great! Looking forward our first trip to CO!

Breckenridge...
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: BlueSky vs. Mountain Thunder Lodge

Good Choice! BlueSky Lodge is beautiful! I love the pool/hot tub area. It is quiet with mountain views yet relatively close to town. If you do not feel like walking to town, they do provide a free private shuttle for all their guests!

Have a great time!!!

5. Re: BlueSky vs. Mountain Thunder Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Breckenridge
Recent Conversations