We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on accommodation in Breckenridge please

Which Breckenridge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on accommodation in Breckenridge please

Hi, We are planning a holiday in Breckenridge for two families (Australians on a once every couple of years ski holiday - adults with 3 kids 12-16) in January 2014 and are considering a 4 bedroom condo at One Ski Hill Place.

We are intermediate/novice skiers/boarders and are looking for very good accommodation preferably with ski in/out access and good access to the town for other activities, and the overall 'alpine' experience.

One Ski Hill Place is expensive but seems to be fairly new, high quality, have good ski in/out access to beginner/intermediate runs, and appears to be in a great location. Is it worth the extra cost (compared to other resorts)? is the accommodation 'luxury' as advertised? and is there other accommodation that we should consider?

Any advice would be appreciated!

florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on accommodation in Breckenridge please

The best beginner/intermediate runs are on Peak 9 (Peak 8 is crowded), so I recommend the Village at Breckenridge-true ski in/ski out. Quciksilver lift starts at the Village, and the other side of the building is right in town. Heated parking, good bus connections, complete 19 million dollar exterior renovation and many newly redecorated privately owned condos-from studios to 4 bedrooms. Prices are reasonable--many management companies offer different deals. One Ski Hill Place is NOT in town.

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,257 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on accommodation in Breckenridge please

Coming in January Peak 8 will be no more crowded that 9. Only during weekends will lift lines be a bit longer. Agree with above poster that 1 Ski Hill is not in town but a shuttle away. So consider location. Grand Lodge on Peak 7, and Blue Sky are 2 other new and upscale accommodations. The Village may get pretty on the outside but some rooms have been slow to update out of the 1980s. If inquire make sure you ask. I think they still category scale that ranks newness and quality: platinum, gold, silver but not sure. Location however is very good and "in town" compared to others I mentioned.

Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
Level Contributor
3,210 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on accommodation in Breckenridge please

One Ski Hill is ski in/out and a very nice property.

The negative would be if you are not skiing and want to go to town then you either take the gondola down to town (during the day, stops about 4pmish) or have to take courtesy shuttle or your car.

Nothing other than the resort there.... all shops, restaurants...down in town.

Personally, I like walking to everything but if you want the luxury/newer complex, you will like One Ski Hill.

Matt

Breckenridge...
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on accommodation in Breckenridge please

I agree with Tex Ranger and do not think you will like the Village at Breck, if you are looking One Ski Hill Place. OSHP is a great location for skiing and definitely a nice resort. You will be 1.5 miles from town up at Peak 8. Here are a few other options to take a look for comparison:

BlueSky Lodge: 5 blocks from Main Street and they do have a private shuttle for their guests. Ski in/out beginners may feel more comfortable going over to Beaver Run Chair on Peak 9, which is less than a minute bus ride. Great pool and hot tub area! Smaller resort with a great feel

Elk Ridge Townhome: these are located across the street from BlueSky, so still very close to the lift. These will be multi levels with private hot tubs. Please note these are townhomes not a full service resort more of a homey feel

Beaver Run: They do have a couple penthouse suites with amazing views of the ski area and access to Peak 9. This is a great place for kids and fun for adults. They have a great après skiing scene at the Copper Top. Take a look at the photos to make sure that is something you like. A little older than OSHP but the pent house suites are updated and I think will give you more room than the four bedroom at one ski hill.

Paragon Lodging has a couple of private homes with ski in/out access. They have some gorgeous places!

Main Street Station: This is a good option if you want to be right in town. They have a couple of four bedroom condos, walking distance to the Quicksilver lift on Peak 9, restaurant, pool and hot tubs onsite.

Good Luck!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on accommodation in Breckenridge please

Thanks for all the advice - we have booked One Ski Hill Place. I understand it is a shuttle ride into the town and are very much looking forward to the ski in/out, with a view of the slopes. I did investigate other options and found that a number of the 4 bedroom places were already booked out.

Really looking forward to our trip - a shame it is so far away!

6. Re: Advice on accommodation in Breckenridge please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2014, 05:16