We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christy Sports

Which Breckenridge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Level Contributor
393 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Christy Sports

Does anyone have any expierence with the Quicksilver location? They are far cheaper than Rent Skis.com and even cheaper than others mentioned on this site. We are beginners-intermediates. I know sometimes you get what you pay for. In fact, it's so much cheaper that I am concerned. They offer kids ski free for kids 12 and under. Both my kids qualify.

Thanks!

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Christy Sports

See if you can switch out --without cost-- your boots and skis if after a morning or a day they don't feel right. If you kids are beginners the latest in ski sreally won't matter, but the boots do. You want them to fit correctly.

Atlanta, Georgia...
Level Contributor
670 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christy Sports

I have rented from the Main Street Station location many times over the years and our travel companions always rent from there. I think that location is the one you are referring to, though they also manage the Pioneer Club ski valet service in the lower level of the Hyatt building nearby. Christy's had a bit of staff turnover in the last year, but they do seem very knowledgable and accommodating. We rented my son's skis there, which were free with my demos. I ended up buying after a few days, and they allowed my husband to use the remainder of my demo days. They even agreed to apply the demo rental credits toward purchase to both of us. Perhaps it helps that we spent a bloody fortune with them buying gear over the years, but I trust them implicitly. The convenience is spectacular as well. They may not be the best shop for locals who get 90 days on the mountain every year, and their prices may not be most competitive, but I do like shopping there.

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Level Contributor
393 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christy Sports

Thanks for your first hand input. Can't wait to ski!

4. Re: Christy Sports

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2014, 06:35
Get answers to your questions about Breckenridge