We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will we be happy skiing March 23-29th?

shrewsbury
Level Contributor
27 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Will we be happy skiing March 23-29th?

How are the conditions this late in the season? It looks just based on a google search that week is actually after the 2 spring break weeks. Has anyone skiid this late in the season? How is the snow? Will imperial still be open? Is it actually warm? Are the lines thinner? I know noone has a crystal ball, but any past experience would be informative. thanks,

Chesapeake, VA
Level Contributor
149 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will we be happy skiing March 23-29th?

I've been there this very week twice in the last 3 or 4 seasons. One year, I think 3 or 4 years ago, the conditions were prime. Year before last it actually got warm, some daytime highs in the 60's and sunny. Even at that, the conditions mid-mountain and up were still pretty good, but nearer the bases got a bit slushy, especially later in the day. Even if it's warm during the day, at night it will get cold and Breck does a good job at keeping things groomed and the conditions as good as they can be.

Mentioned in this post
Breck Inn
Breck Inn
311 Reviews
Breckenridge, CO
Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,517 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Will we be happy skiing March 23-29th?

Lines will not be thinner. Spring break period covers more than 2 weeks so there will be crowds. Do try to avoid skiing the weekend if you can esp if conditions are prime. Lots of Denverites and others flock to Breck and lines can get thick. Not going to predict weather. Could be great, could be lousy, but March is typically a snowy month with warmer temps. Breck exposure is lousy so if warm conditions deteriorate by noon.

Mentioned in this post
Breck Inn
Breck Inn
311 Reviews
Breckenridge, CO
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
14,191 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will we be happy skiing March 23-29th?

Late season is the only time we ski Breck, really late season. Personally I have never experience lousy conditions, even well into April. Super fun times yes, lousy nope.

I think you'll have a blast!

Mentioned in this post
Breck Inn
Breck Inn
311 Reviews
Breckenridge, CO
Breckenridge...
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Will we be happy skiing March 23-29th?

Amazing time to come! It is beautiful out and we tend/could get a lot of snow. I remember the year it was almost 60 and that was a really rare and uncommon year. Have fun!

shrewsbury
Level Contributor
27 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Will we be happy skiing March 23-29th?

Thanks everyone. I'm a bit more optimistic. And yes, we're flying in Sunday and leaving Saturday. That way we miss the weekend madness.

Delavan, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Will we be happy skiing March 23-29th?

I've skied Breck the third week of April and thought they had great snow. In fact, it was 8 inches of fresh snow every night for three days in a row. And yet, still nice warm afternoon sun.

Mentioned in this post
Breck Inn
Breck Inn
311 Reviews
Breckenridge, CO
7. Re: Will we be happy skiing March 23-29th?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2015, 05:21
Get answers to your questions about Breckenridge