We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good/best place to rent demo skis?

Which Breckenridge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Swarthmore...
2 posts
Save Topic
good/best place to rent demo skis?

We are going to Breckenridge in a week and want to reserve skis ahead of time. Most in our group want good quality demo skis, with ample choices. None of us, however, are knowledgeable about specific ski models etc, so we want some expert guidance. We don't need boots. Of course we want it all - meaning good prices too!

Any suggestions? What about Blue River Sports? Main St Sports? Breeze?

THANKS Bob

Edited: 09 February 2014, 00:40
Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,182 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: good/best place to rent demo skis?

Got a car? If yes, stop in Podium Sports in Frisco on the corner of Main St. and Summit Blvd --the street you'd come in on to get to Breck. Great selection of demo skis and very knowledgeable people. Only downside is that it's 9 miles from Breck, if something should go wrong. The other places u mentioned are good too. I've used all 3 in previous decades but not sure abt their demos. Google for their websites for more info.

Edited: 09 February 2014, 02:46
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
9,348 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good/best place to rent demo skis?

I recommend that you do some research to select a few skis you'd like to demo, hen call around to see who has the skis you want. The best place to demo is the one that has the skis you want.

When DH & I did that last year, the only place that had the four skis each of us wanted to try was Copper Rocker at Copper Mountain. Your experience may be different.

Atlanta, Georgia...
Level Contributor
670 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good/best place to rent demo skis?

I've heard great stuff about Copper Rocker too. They were the only place in Summit County with a demo version of the much-promoted Blizzard Black Pearls.Though, if you know what you want to demo, call around in advance. I ended up demoing last season at Christy's at Main Street Station. They seem to have a bigger demo fleet with the acquisition of a few other local shops now. Definitely call around.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good/best place to rent demo skis?

I would say if you don't have a very specific ski in mind you intend to demo and then buy, it's probably not worth the money to pay for demo level skis. The mid tier "premium" packages are still very high quality skis, often 600-800, and you can buy a few bees with what you save on rentals.

5. Re: good/best place to rent demo skis?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2015, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Breckenridge