We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Imperial Chair goes where?

Watkinsville...
Level Contributor
94 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Imperial Chair goes where?

Tell me about the Imperial Chair?

Does it actually go above the T-bar? I have never been impressed with the Glades or tree skiing at Breck prefer The Outback. Any suggestion?

9 Days

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
648 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Imperial Chair goes where?

I've been on it quite a few times....to be honest it is so high that there is constant wind up there which takes all the top snow and blows it away leaving mostly ice exposed. In the 4 or 5 days this year that i've taken it, i can say none of them were really worth enduring the cold and wind.

Breckenridge, CO
Level Contributor
735 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Imperial Chair goes where?

Yes, it goes above the T-Bar, within feet of the top of Peak 8. You can ski back down Imperial Bowl, or climb to the top of 8 and come down the shutes, or traverse across Whales Tale over to Peak 7.

It's a very short ride, only several minutes, and a high speed quad.

If you are not an expert skier I would not recommend the traverse to 7 or the shutes.

Virtually all of this terrain is above timberline, so no glades here, just steeps.

Watkinsville...
Level Contributor
94 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Imperial Chair goes where?

Dudes you are both right: cold, windy, icy, and steep. I did find my trees over off peak 10 and a fun run off 7, orr bucket. But the steeps off of Imperial were amazing.

The traverse to 7 was a rugged trill, that is code for big and scary! I never made it to the chutes just Whales Tale and CJ's. Awesome and humbling, There is simply no room for error and no place to bail out. I fell and slid all the way to Eric’s before I stopped. Ok maybe not that far, but a long way.

Thanks guys your view was dead own.

Breckenridge, CO
Level Contributor
735 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Imperial Chair goes where?

Glad you're in one piece skidawg! The key is to lean forward and look down the hill. Sit back and you're dead.

5. Re: Imperial Chair goes where?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Breckenridge
Recent Conversations