We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

campground in Canon City

Franklin Square...
Level Contributor
86 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
campground in Canon City

Has anyone stayed in any camgrounds in canon city that they can recommend? I will have a RV. I don't want a rv park that looks like a parking lot. Needs to be open and spacious. Thanks in advance

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,221 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: campground in Canon City

There are a number of RV parks west of Canon City. We stayed at a KOA and my sister stayed at the Jellystone one. Both were nice and were not concret pads lined with RVs. Search for their websites which should give you more info.

Hope this helps some.

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
648 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: campground in Canon City

I agree with the PP, west of Canon City there are some spots. I lived in Canon City for a while and don't recall any RV parks in the town. Sorry!

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,443 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: campground in Canon City

Do you need something close to town or something in the area?

If just needs to be in the area, look at sweetwaterriverranch.com Sweetwater River Ranch

Haven't stayed there but have driven by and looks nice.

Royal View Campground is 8 miles west of Canon City. Have driven by there as well... but can't remember what it looks like. There's a picture on the website.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
19 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: campground in Canon City

We camped one night at the KOA right by the Royal Gorge in August 2008 and it was filled with RVs and some tents. The facility doesn't look like much at first but it seems to be well run with a small pool and decent laundry room. The staff helped our small group find a good Chinese restaurant in town. It was very quiet at night. There were several pull-through sites. There isn't much landscaping but there are some natural big rocks and bushes etc. in the top of the campground. The place isn't huge and is "natural" for that area in terrain.

5. Re: campground in Canon City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 21:17