We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canon City Area

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Canon City Area

Will be in Canon City for 6 days visiting relatives....can anyone tell me other fun places to visit with Canon City as the home base.....

Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Canon City Area

Hello? I am planning to go to canon city for a workshop the first weekend in November, first of all what will the weather be like? Can I still go to the hot springs? I will fly into colorado springs probably on Thursday and my workshop starts Friday night in canon city. I will be renting a car. Any suggestions on what I can see and where I should go. I will have some free time during the weekend and would consider staying until wednessday if I have enough things to see and do. Open to suggestions? Thanks in advance for your ideas!

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,922 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Canon City Area

Hi, Bellaloca, and welcome to the Colorado forums.

Yes, you should still be able to go to Mt. Princeton Hot Springs. Hot springs can be magical places to visit even if it is snowing. The mountains near Buena Vista and Salida already have some snow.

You should be able to find plenty to do to extend your visit till Wednesday, some right in Canon City but certainly plenty if you plan to go to Buena Vista and Salida, and also in Colorado Springs and Manitou Springs.

It's hard to say what the weather will be. It could be "Indian summer" with cool crisp or cold frosty mornings and evenings and mild sunny days, it could be raining, or it could be sleeting or snowing or any combination thereof, sometimes all in one day.

Mentioned in this post
Colorado
Colorado
United States
Salida
Salida
Colorado
Smith Center...
Level Contributor
68 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Canon City Area

If you want some fun, easy trout fishing, Cross D Bar Trout Ranch is not far. We camped here a couple years ago and enjoyed ourselves. RG is worth your time, take the trip down into the canyon...gives a whole new perspective.

http://cross-d-bar-troutranch.com

Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Canon City Area

Hey thanks for the great advice!

Edited: 23 September 2011, 18:53
15. Re: Canon City Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 September 2011, 23:05
Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
47 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Canon City Area

Which rafting company would you recommend for rafting in the Royal Gorge?

17. Re: Canon City Area

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 October 2012, 22:08
WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,922 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Canon City Area

Judyd, since this thread is a little older and not about rafting, you might get a better response if you post a new question. I did a search and found that 1FourFun suggested calling Kodi or AVA in this previous post.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g33340-i3116-k3795…

19. Re: Canon City Area

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2016, 04:17