We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping around Colorado Springs

Cedar Rapids
2 posts
Save Topic
Camping around Colorado Springs

Looking for suggestions on a nice campground within 50 miles of Colorado Springs. I have two small children and although I am happy just to drive around the mountains I know they will quickly get bored with this and hoped to find some place that has a pool, playground, gameroom, etc. I have seen some posts on here for the Garden of the Gods Campground and have read raving reviews and ranting reviews. Any suggestions on nice clean campgrounds with lots to do for the kids and full hook-ups would be greatly appreciated. We aren't travelling until late July but I figured I better start looking now to get reservations.

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
656 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping around Colorado Springs

I've never stayed at the Campground at Garden of the Gods,but it looks nice enough to me. I used to live in the Springs and there are always people staying there who like it.

There is a KOA campground that is a little over an hour away from the Springs,just outside of Canon City. You could do the Royal Gorge Train while you're down there and also hit the Royal Gorge(it's truly incredible!) The campground seems to have alot of family friendly things to do that i'm sure your children would like. I know they have a mini-golf course, fishing on the river, pool ect. You can just google KOA campgrounds and their site will pop up

2. Re: Camping around Colorado Springs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 13:16