We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

golf in COS and Denver

Houston
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
golf in COS and Denver

We will be in Colorado July 26-Aug 2. Can anyone recommend a golf course for my husband to play? He would like for it to look nice and to have a little challenge to it but not too hard. Also a reasonable price would be nice, we would like to be able to have some money to do other things also.

We will be in Colorado Springs most of the time but we will also be in Denver a couple of days.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Canon City, CO
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: golf in COS and Denver

Have fun on your trip, I hope this helps.

Courses in Springs:

Patty Jewett: My last pick. Center of Springs. Old course, long lines, not worth my time.

Gates (Colorado Country Club): If you belong to a CC at home, you can get on here. Expensive, but the best course in springs. Yes, better than the broadmoor.

AF Academy: (Eisenhour GC) FUN Course, mountain terrain. Not too busy on weekdays, stay away on weekends. Not too expensive.

Braodmoor: Don't waste your time or money.

Springs Ranch: The best option in Springs. East side (powers and carefree). Newer course, nice layout, 40 bucks a round. Worth the trip.

Ft. Carson: Second best choice. AWESOME course, tougher to get on. Worth your time.

Good luck, have fun.

Houston
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: golf in COS and Denver

Thanks, I'll pass this on to my husband.

Colorado Springs, CO
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: golf in COS and Denver

Pine Creek is also a nice course on the north side of town.

AF Academy is only available if you know someone to play with in the military or retired or you yourself have a military ID.

Further north in Larkspur near Castle Rock, CO, is my personal favorite course called Bear Dance.