We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red Rocks Colorado

Alexandria, Va
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Red Rocks Colorado

Will be going to a concert at Red Rocks in early June and staying 3 days. What is the best area to stay and get a feel for Colorado?

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
10,481 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Red Rocks Colorado

Curious if you going to the Big Head Todd concert? That's the only one I know that has already been announced.

Just so you know, Red Rocks is in Morrison - nowhere near Colorado Springs. Do you want to stay near Red Rocks for convenience? You could stay in Morrison, Golden, Evergreen. There are many options. I Googled for Morrison lodging and Arrowhead Manor B&B came up. Looks nice: http://www.arrowheadmanor.com/

AS for "getting a feel" for Colorado what else are you interested in doing while here?

Alexandria, Va
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Red Rocks Colorado

Actually it is John Prine and Levon Helms who will be playing there on the 13th. I am able to get tickets by presale. Don't need to stay so close to the Red Rocks. Prefer to explore some outdoors areas and hike some. But not for the whole day. Don't have a lot of finances to spend and don't mind driving within 2 hours.

Woodland Park...
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Red Rocks Colorado

I agree, I would stay in the Evergreen, Golden, or Boulder areas. Should allow you to be close to Red Rocks and have prime access to outdoor activities.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
744 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Red Rocks Colorado

gottagoms...what type of music are Prine and Helms known for?

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
10,481 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Red Rocks Colorado

I'm not gottagoms but if you are looking to see a concert at Red Rocks I highly recommend Big Head Todd on June 6. We've seen them several times and they rock. They are local Colorado guys and very popular here so the crowd is also great fun. You can check them out on YouTube.

Alexandria, Va
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Red Rocks Colorado

Levon Helms was the singer for The Band and John Prine has been around many years. There isn't a good definition exactly. He is a marvelous man with words and humor. Kinda, sorta, folksy(not) singer. He has a gravely voice and is amazing to see in concert.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
744 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Red Rocks Colorado

decided to buy Big Head Todd tickets...loved their album with the song "Bittersweet" on it; hopefully my boyfriend will enjoy the show...

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
10,481 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Red Rocks Colorado

Bittersweet is one of my favorite songs. I'm sure you will enjoy the concert and I hope your boyfriend does too! : )

9. Re: Red Rocks Colorado

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 20:17