We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

River Rafting in September?

Which Colorado Springs hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Clarita, CA
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
River Rafting in September?

We are considering a half day river raft trip @ Bighorn Sheep Canyon on Sunday, September 6th. Wondering what the water flow will be like at that time--any thoughts?

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,704 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: River Rafting in September?

Very low then. You may have trouble finding an outfitter who is still running river trips. www.CROA.org

Then again, who knows. It will have to be one of those things you wait until you are here. Maybe call now to find out who anticipates being open - then call the list you make of open outfitters once you arrive and ask who is actually running the river. Good Luck!

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
162 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: River Rafting in September?

I'm on the RiverRunners email list, because I love rafting. Just got an email-invitation from them to come rafting in September.

The water will be fine this September.

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,704 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: River Rafting in September?

The last day River Runners runs the canyon is 9/7. www.RiverRunnersLTD.com

FYI: They are done running BV this weekend.

Indiana
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: River Rafting in September?

I am also looking into rafting Bighorn Sheep Canyon on September 18. I contacted a dozen or so outfitters in the area and had good responses from Royal Gorge Rafting and Echo Canyon. They both told me they'd probably still be running the Bighorn Sheep and Royal Gorge sections of the Arkansas river into mid September. Good luck!

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,704 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: River Rafting in September?

I will also throw this out there... Gore Canyon is running great right now (they opened the waterway from the reservoir). It is an absolutely insane run and is for experienced folks. AVA is running it for around $159(?). I think there is one other company who also runs it, but I can not come up with a name right now.

We caught the reservoir open from late August until the middle of September last year. (If I remember correctly)

6. Re: River Rafting in September?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2010, 12:35