We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Bed & Breakfast to stay; need privacy & quiet!~

Burleson, Texas
Level Contributor
18 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Which Bed & Breakfast to stay; need privacy & quiet!~

Hi all, I am looking to stay at a Colorado b&b somewhere it's cool for a sanity break in a few weeks (I'm in Texas (DFW area), run a farm and have worked outside in this insane summer heat everyday I'm no stranger to working out in the Texas summer heat but this summer has been one of the worst). I need to get away to somewhere in the mountains where it's cool dry air before I go nuts from dealing with the heat. Just need a few days, never been to Colorado before so I need some guidance! Prefer somewhere under $140/night, privacy, near hiking trails, can get a shuttle from the airport (don't want to rent a car, plan to park at the b&b and just hang out in the quiet of the mountainside, but not a problem if I need to). Any advice would be most appreciated! Thank you! Connie

colorado springs,co
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Bed & Breakfast to stay; need privacy & quiet!~

Look at :

www.hugheshacienda.com/ it's about 10-15 mi. south of town

www.redcrags.com/ in Manitou Springs

www.eastholme.com/ in Green Mt. Falls

www.twosisinn.com/ also in Manitou

Also check out www.vrbo.com/

#303052 , #218310 , #181505

Cheyenne Canon Inn is right at the mouth of North Cheyenne Canyon, however, I'm not sure if the new owner has reopened it yet.

Keep in mind, if the B & B only serves breakfast, and you are too remote, you will not have access to getting other meals. Hughes Hacienda would fit in that category.

evergreen, colorado
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Bed & Breakfast to stay; need privacy & quiet!~

You posted this in the Colorado Springs forum, but you mention Colorado generally, so if you are not committed to the Colorado Springs area, here in Evergreen, we are a mountain town about 45 minutes west of Denver in the foothills, about 7500 feet above sea level. Great authentic main street, restaurants, galleries, stores, etc, some along Bear Creek. Elk meandering everywhere. Evergreen Lake for strolling and paddle boats, etc. Both of these B&Bs are lovely, the Highland Haven is at the edge of our Main Street, the Cabins just bit further down. I hope this helps! Keep cool!!

thecabinsatcountryroad.com/Welcome___The_Cab…

http://highlandhaven.com/index.html

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
10,899 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Bed & Breakfast to stay; need privacy & quiet!~

There are lots of options in addition to Colorado Springs. This recent post regarding getting to the mountains from Denver without a car will be helpful. Be sure to see the link in my reply #2 of this link for additional ideas.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28927-i252-k46472…

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
153 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Bed & Breakfast to stay; need privacy & quiet!~

Cheyenne Canon Inn is not open yet, I just drove by it yesterday.

5. Re: Which Bed & Breakfast to stay; need privacy & quiet!~

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 06:15