We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels and Shopping

Darling Downs...
Level Contributor
111 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels and Shopping

We are a family of four. kids will be 2 and 6. We will probably be in Colorado Springs for 2 night. I am searching for a good priced hotel/motel/Inn that can accommodate us all in a decent size room. But mostly I want somewhere that we can walk to places to eat for dinner without using the car. Doesn't have to be fancy restaurants, just a few different options would be good. Which area should I search in?

Also, where is the best place to shop? Are there any big malls?

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs
El Paso County, CO
The Honey Cottage
Gift & Speciality Shops
The Whickerbill
Gift & Speciality Shops
Angler's Covey
Gift & Speciality Shops
The Sweet Elephant
Gift & Speciality Shops
WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,922 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels and Shopping

My family likes staying at Drury Inns. We've not stayed in the one at Colorado Springs, but it has been mentioned often as a good place for families. They have a better breakfast than many hotels and they also have food in the afternoon/early evening...plenty for appetizers or a meal for many families. And there is a Famous Dave's and a Cracker Barrel nearby. Here's a post regarding a similar question, with information on the Drury plus several other suggestions:

tripadvisor.com/…32120405

Mentioned in this post
Drury Inn & Suites Colorado Springs near the Air Force Academy
Drury Inn & Suites...
519 Reviews
Colorado Springs, CO
Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs
El Paso County, CO
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
354 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels and Shopping

There is a Hilton Garden Inn at 1830 Briargate Parkway. Right across the street is an outdoor mall with Pottery Barn, Apple, William Sonoma, Pier I, Eddie Bauer, numerous women's clothing stores and a number of restaurants.

Ted's Montana Grill

Panera Bread

PJ Changs

Bird Dog BBQ

Champs Bar & Grill

Biaggis....just to name a few

All within walking distance with many choices.

http://www.thepromenadeshopsatbriargate.com/

Mentioned in this post
Ted's Montana Grill
Ted's Montana Grill
300 Reviews
Colorado Springs, CO
Sonoma
Sonoma
Sonoma County, CA
WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,172 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels and Shopping

I always recommend Drury Inn as well...Cracker Barrel and Famous Dave's right behind it and food from breakfast, snacks, and evening fare to make meals out of right at the Drury Inn if you choose it, is wonderful!

Mentioned in this post
Drury Inn & Suites...
519 Reviews
Colorado Springs, CO
Colorado Springs...
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
4,280 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels and Shopping

What is bringing you to the Springs and what part of town will you be in? The Drury Inn is a good suggestion. I'd also suggest the Residence Inn off South Circle Drive. Within walking distance are some chain restaurants, a movie theater and a Chuck E Cheese. The Drury is North, and the Residence Inn is South - so a lot of where I would recommend depends on what else you have planned while in the area.

Mentioned in this post
Drury Inn & Suites...
519 Reviews
Colorado Springs, CO
Darling Downs...
Level Contributor
111 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels and Shopping

We don't have much planned. So far I think we will visit Garden of Gods and the Zoo looks nice. Haven't had a chance to do much more research just yet but I will check out your suggestions. Thanks!

6. Re: Hotels and Shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 20:07