We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gold Camp Road

Myrtle Beach, South...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Gold Camp Road

Could you tell me what the current condition of Gold Camp Road is from Victor to Colorado Springs? My son and I will be driving it in a couple of weeks in a Honda Civic (brand new) and I was wondering if the road is very rough. I don't want to shake the stuffing out of the car.

Thank you,

Bonnie

colorado springs,co
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
2,047 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gold Camp Road

This is a very traveled road. For the most part it is in decent shape. We have had a pretty dry winter so that is good news for Gold Camp. There are sections that are washboard, so you'd have to take that section pretty slow. Driving a new car, depends on how finicky you are. You can always start up and if you don't likes the looks, turn around and come back. The worst part is about 15 miles up from CS, and it's not that great of a distance. Hake a look at www.takemytrip.com/

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,680 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gold Camp Road

Wow, springschick. That is a wonderful website. Never would have guessed at all the options. I did have to search for the Gold Camp Road link (not that I minded but I did get distracted with all the other neat stuff). So here is the shortcut -

http://www.takemytrip.com/10utco/08n_34a.htm

springschick, I think I'll wander back to the website and start making some plans. I'm determined to get out of town soon! Thanks again.

Derbyshire, England
Level Contributor
259 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gold Camp Road

Any idea how long it will take to drive it? Is it faster than the paved route between Victor & Colorado Springs?

Doug

colorado springs,co
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
2,047 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gold Camp Road

It's about an hour if you go paved road through Woodland Park, and about an hour & a half if you drive the dirt road back.

Derbyshire, England
Level Contributor
259 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gold Camp Road

One way? My brother told me it was shorter than the paved road, ah well. I guess it depends on what shape it's in now if we bother. Time may be more important at that point.

Thanks.

Doug

colorado springs,co
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
2,047 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gold Camp Road

It is shorter, just takes longer as it is mostly dirt and winds through the mountains, which is why it is such a beautiful drive. But if you don't have the time, it is still worth the drive on mostly highway (24) til you get to Divide. There's a great little restaurant called the Hungry Bear in Woodland Park to eat breakfast. It's on your left about halfway through town.

Edited: 23 April 2012, 18:25
WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,165 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gold Camp Road

Woodland Park is a nice situated mountain view town, we enjoyed our pass through and would love to spend more time here on our next time through the Springs. springschick we'll have to put "Hungry Bear" on our breakfast must do list.

8. Re: Gold Camp Road

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 21:40