We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best car rentals from denver airport

Which Colorado Springs hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
24 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
best car rentals from denver airport

looks as if our plans are changing. about to buy tickets to fly into COS, now cheaper to fly into denver but car rentals outrageous. any suggestions?? would like to stick with reliable brands. So confusing??!! Want to get best price for flight and or car....HELP!!

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,104 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best car rentals from denver airport

everytime online Budget always comes cheapest (hence the name), and gets cheaper closer to the date we're coming so we keep adjusting it. We've always done it out of Denver and gotten a reasonable price compared to any other car rentals but that is just our experience thus far.

colorado springs,co
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best car rentals from denver airport

www.kayak.com/ compares all companies for flights and car rentals, with the exception of Southwest Airlines. The only thing to remember there, is SW doesn't charge for bags.

Rental car rates are up all over the US.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
9,661 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best car rentals from denver airport

We've had good results using Priceline in Denver.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
356 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best car rentals from denver airport

I believe the deal I got last year for Enterprise was through Priceline.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
359 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best car rentals from denver airport

I hear that it is best to wait until very close to your trip , then bid on a car on Priceline to get the best rate. I always bid for cars on Priceline and end up with much cheaper rates. Just don't do the "wild car" option. We ended up with a car that the company couldn't rent because it was a gas guzzler and huge.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
24 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best car rentals from denver airport

I found the best solution. We need to stay in Denver our last night in Colorado the Doubletee Inn it has an Avis rental and airport shuttle. More than double off the rental at the airport. Let everyone know how this works

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
359 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best car rentals from denver airport

How are you getting from the airport to the Doubletree to pick up the car? Will the shuttle take you even though you are only staying the last night of your trip there?

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,255 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: best car rentals from denver airport

You don't have to stay at DoubleTree to take shuttle. Shuttle driver does not ask for proof you're staying there. Note: you can return your Avis rental direct to airport at no extra charge even though you pick it up at DT.

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best car rentals from denver airport

I found the difference in price between the airport and in town to be insane, about twice as much. My trip doesn't start for 2 weeks, but I ended up renting from Avis at I believe the Doubletree Hotel, because there's a free shuttle to there. So yes, a bit more of a hassle, but a savings of $600 (I rented for 3 weeks). I even phoned the Avis and the Doubletree to make sure it was OK to take the shuttle. Thanks to Texranger, I'm going to have to ask about the free return to the airport, which would be nice indeed.

Kay

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
24 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best car rentals from denver airport

thanks for the info about the doubletree inn shuttle. do you know if you need to call at airport to request the shuttle pick up or is there a regular spot they pick up. I phoned as well, I asked twice even though only staying one night can we use shuttle. Yes!! Another $50 saved. And yes the savings from a car rental at Airport was more than double