We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying W Ranch FYI

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,165 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Flying W Ranch FYI

Many I'm sure have posted this in the other thread and know of it but I'm giving it it's own thread. It's been such a staple and must do of the Springs for nearly 60 yrs. We're glad we've gone in the past before it burnt down. They do plan to rebuild eventually but meanwhile it will be missed by many, many people. If any had it in their summer plans it's no longer an option. I was very saddened to learn this. Visit www.flyingw.com and their FB page for up to date info., pictures and more. We will look forward to their future return to the area.

Edited: 28 June 2012, 04:16
midwest
Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying W Ranch FYI

Our family has great memories of Flying W. We started going there in the 70's when my parents moved to Springs up until recently. We have a large family thus it was a great place for those family get-togethers. I was hoping to go on our next trip and bring our grandchildren. I have a feeling the next place will be even better!

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,631 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying W Ranch FYI

Thanks for posting this. I looked at Facebook and they posted that all the livestock were evacuated safely, as well as many antiques. They invited people to share their memories of the Flying W on Trip Advisor, too.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
357 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying W Ranch FYI

The Flying W also mentioned to be careful of "scammers" raising money for rebuilding. Apparently, thieves are already capitalizing on this tragedy. Thus far, the Flying W has stated that they have begun no money raising efforts, and those wanting to help should stay tuned to their website and Facebook page for future information. Prayers and thoughts still going out to all of you in COS, one of my favorite places on this world!

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,165 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying W Ranch FYI

the cattle were spared, many antiques...and nobody was hurt. They do plan to re-build eventually but good point about the scammers which are already setting up websites. Good advice wish2trvl.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
18 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying W Ranch FYI

I feel guilty for even asking this question because the pain is still fresh since the ranch burned, but I am coming from North Carolina in September and had previously organized a group of 25 to go the Flying W. Now that it is no longer an option, does anyone have any suggestions for an alternate place for a large group to have dinner and fun in a casual setting in Colorado Springs? Thanks.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,631 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying W Ranch FYI

Don't feel bad about it, kernman! The folks in Colorado Springs will be glad to have your business. I see you've posted it on the Colorado Springs forum, which is just what I was going to suggest.

7. Re: Flying W Ranch FYI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 23:46