We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Co Springs you amazed me!!!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,808 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Co Springs you amazed me!!!

I have been visiting Colorado Springs for the past 20 years. This trip we were on family business, but still had time for some off time for dining. I was totally amazed at the dining options downtown and in Colorado City. Things sure have changed for the better.

We stayed one night at Spur and Lace BB in Old Colorado City, a quaint and quiet place walking distance to Old Colo City shops and restaurants. We ended up at Paravicini's in Old CO City for great Italian, the lasagna was the best!!! Also had the best tiramisu!!! http://www.paravicinis.com/

The next few nights we were at the new Mining Exchange Hotel in downtown CS. Beautiful room and hotel and any issues we had were quickly fixed by calling the front desk and these were all minor.

We had breakfast at Einstein's Bagels and then a late lunch at Jack Quinn's, happy hour snacks and beer/wine! Service was great. Dinner was at Springs Orleans the restaurant attached to the hotel. I had an awesome meal, Kobe beef sliders, but my husband's gumbo was a bit too salty.

Next breakfast was Panera Bread (north of DT near Lowes Home Improvement, we needed stuff) for bagels which I liked better. Lunch at Paisano's sandwiches and IlVicino Pizza for late dinner. The last night we splurged at MacKenzie's Chop House, some of the best steak I have ever had!!! If they have an aged steak special, get that!

What a change from 20 years ago when there were maybe 4 restaurants downtown and nothing going on. Great place to visit and I have totally changed my feelings for Co Springs for the better!!!

Mentioned in this post
Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs
El Paso County, CO
Colorado
Colorado
United States
Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
153 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Co Springs you amazed me!!!

Thank you for sharing your positive Colorado Springs experience!

Mentioned in this post
Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs
El Paso County, CO
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
21,808 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Co Springs you amazed me!!!

It was not Paisano's Sandwiches but Panino's. http://www.paninos.com/

Colorado
Level Contributor
787 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Co Springs you amazed me!!!

I have to agree with you. We visited there about 25 years ago and were not at all impressed. Never really had any desire to go back since we had done all of the tourist sites. But, my teens are involved in a summer music program that brings me there several times each summer now, and I love spending time there doing the city things. Great dining and fun shopping!

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,467 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Co Springs you amazed me!!!

Glad you enjoyed your stay. I think COS is a great place to visit. When I need a day trip away or an in-state overnight getaway it's usually 1st on my list.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
171 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Co Springs you amazed me!!!

You hit some of my favorite restaurants. Hopefully you were able to do more than just eat. ;-)

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
21,808 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Co Springs you amazed me!!!

We were there on family business, had to clean out and sell a house, so we had no time to do anything! We have been to all the main attractions in Co Springs before though.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,172 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Co Springs you amazed me!!!

good to hear, I don't know much about dining there as of yet, but it's good to know the possibilities.

Colorado Springs...
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
4,280 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Co Springs you amazed me!!!

Glad to hear you enjoyed your visit!

Colorado
Level Contributor
914 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Co Springs you amazed me!!!

Love to hear more about the Mining Exchange hotel.

New to a lot of us!

Illinois
Level Contributor
62 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Co Springs you amazed me!!!

Agreed, Colorado Springs is a gem, lots of natural beauty, enhanced by enjoyable places to eat!

Mentioned in this post
Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs
El Paso County, CO