We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodge at the garden of the gods

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
80 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Lodge at the garden of the gods

Thinking about staying here while visiting this year dates 08/09-08/13 maybe 1 day less but was wondering if this is a good base to stay would prefer not to move more than I have to since we are sort of doing a loop starting in Dolores. They have good reviews. Want to see of course, Garden of the Gods, pikes peak, Air Force Academy and possibly the Olympic training center. Thanks in advance

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
19,239 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodge at the garden of the gods

While I haven't stayed there, I've attended a ton of receptions there. Fantastic property. View is sensational, literally looking right down on Garden of the Gods. It's really the only lodging where you can feel like you're a part of GG. Yes, it would be a good base. It's a little bit of a drive out to I-25 but not more than 10 minutes or so. So I would recommend it as a base.

Have fun.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
80 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodge at the garden of the gods

Thanks. Think that is where we are going tomstay

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
153 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodge at the garden of the gods

It's very nice place, no worries. If you can, use their spa with an outdoor pool with the best views ever.

colorado springs,co
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
2,069 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodge at the garden of the gods

Would appreciate a review on TA once you get back :)

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
80 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lodge at the garden of the gods

Will do a review. Thanks for all the help.

Gary, Indiana
Level Contributor
883 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lodge at the garden of the gods

Just be careful, I understand they are changing ownership.

Also, I keep seeing groupons for them for $99. It includes bfast and other amenities.

You might want to check that out.

Woodland Park...
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lodge at the garden of the gods

The Garden of the Gods Club Lodge is a great location to explore all that the Pikes Peak region has to offer. The Lodge itself is part of the greater Garden of the Gods Club (a country club); which includes the Kissing Camels golf courses. I stayed in a suite at the Lodge in December 2012 and was very pleased with the room. It was well sized with a comfortable bedroom, large bathroom and closet area, as well as a living room with a fireplace. Patio with table and chairs. Amazing view! The decor in the room was slightly dated, but quite comfortable. The Lodge Dining Room and Lounge serves up very good food, and again, the view is outstanding. There is a small adults only pool, a fitness room, as well as a spa on site as well. As a travel agent with Gypsy Girl Vacations I would recommend the Garden of the Gods Lodge to my clients with no hesitation.

8. Re: Lodge at the garden of the gods

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Colorado Springs