We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Which Colorado Springs hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
south dakota
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay?

My daughter (age 11) and I will be in Colorado Springs in the beginning of June for a special girls trip. We will be doing the Pike Peak train, Garden of the Gods, Cheyenne Zoo. Where is the best place to stay with a pool and not too expensive?

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,135 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?

We liked the Drury Inn on the north end we got it for maybe $79 (that was in 2010 though) or in that neighborhood if I recall correctly (it was definitely under $100). This last time we stayed across the street at The Academy Hotel and that was $101 for the upgrade room in "T" tower. These rates were for a family of four with two beds so I'm assuming cheaper for you.

http://www.theacademyhotel.com/

https:/…

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g33364-d8291… my review for our Academy stay

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g33364-d8288…

The Drury for all the food/drinks!!!! Great value to your stay. Also the recliner in our room was nice and the kids liked the in/out pool they had.

The Academy the free breakfast is out of this world and it's a very very nice place to stay. I love the lobby.

Edited: 04 April 2013, 23:57
colorado springs,co
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,833 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?

I'll get you started. These are the ones closest to to PP and G of G. Travelodge on Ore Mill, Comfort Inn-Manitou, Best Western Sky Way, America's Best Value- Villa Motel.

Town-n-country Cottages might be a little more expensive, but you could make your own meals. Your daughter would probably enjoy walking the streets of Manitou Springs, there's a penny arcade and a few shops on the main street. You could actually walk from America's Best Value (but the pool overlooks the main street).

Cave of the Winds is nearby, I think she would really enjoy that (you will enjoy the views). They've added some new attractions. The Cliff Dwellings are good for that age group as well.

When you're on the way to the zoo, park behind the Broadmoor (at the Catholic Church) and walk in. It's an amazing property. Happy Planning!

3. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2014, 06:16