We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in Colorado Springs

Brooklyn, New York
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
3 days in Colorado Springs

I am going to spend 3 full days in Colorado Springs starting from May 26. Is it possible to see the following places during 3 days: Garden of the Gods, Royal Gorge Brige, Pikes Peak, Cave of the winds, Manitou Cliff Dwellings, Cripple creak railroad, Miramont Castle and Seven Falls. I would be very grateful if somebody could provide me with optimum day by day itinerary.

Thank you in advance

Mike F

colorado springs,co
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days in Colorado Springs

Most of the things you listed are pretty close together. G of G, Pikes Peak, Caves, Dwellings, Miramont are all in the same vicinity. Cripple Creek and and Royal Gorge are more than half day activities. Seven Falls is about a 20 minute drive from Manitou. Of course you would have to stop in at The Broadmoor on your way, as it is an amazing property.

So, I would probably situate myself in the Manitou Springs area so that you could easily add to your Cripple Creek and Royal Gorge days (caves or cliff dwellings). It's also a great little one street town that is fun to meander around.

Just to mention, while in Cripple Creek, there is the Mollie Kathleen Gold Mine tour that you might find interesting. On the way up stop in at The Hungry Bear in Woodland Park for breakfast.

Edited: 27 April 2013, 23:48
Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days in Colorado Springs

Kind of tight but not impossible. Here is my prioritization, tryig to minimize chasing all over the countryside: Pikes Peak, early in the morning; afternoons tend to get cloudy; Garden of the Gods; Seven Falls; Cripple Creek, skip the railroad; just do the pretty drive and visit the town; Cave of the winds; Manitou Cliff Dwelling; Royal Gorge, furthest away. Cobination of Cripple Creek and Royal Gorge will take about a full day, if you want to stop and see things.

With this plan, Iwouild stay in Manitou Springs.; has a wide variety of overnightplaces.

Brooklyn, New York
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 days in Colorado Springs

Thank you so much for all important details. I'll definitely use this info during my trip

England, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 days in Colorado Springs

Hi, I am visiting Colorado Springs in October for three weeks to see friends there. It would be great if you could give a follow up on the best bits of your holiday. Have a fab time.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,136 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 days in Colorado Springs

if you stay in Manitou Springs nearby Woodland Park makes for a lovely visit if you go to Cripple Creek. I thought of the Mollie Kathleen Mine as well. I agree this trip could be combined with the Royal Gorge day and would be a full day.

As suggested Pikes Peak in the morning is good. Many of the other things listed can equally be split up during the two days you have for it. Garden of the Gods you can take less than a 1/2 hr. driving through and getting out at a few stops or take longer and fully take it in. Cave of the Winds is less than 2 hrs. I myself liked the drive up more than our tour (it was rushed) and the scenery was great on the way up there and at the top. Seven Falls won't take a long amount of time either depending on level of exploring...you take the steep stairs up or the mountain elevator or both. The nature is nice there. There are trails above (we didn't explore these). Also it's lit up at night. There's a free one right before Seven Falls and that's called Helen Hunt Falls. It's nice to check out (scenic up to that point) and a short walk (small falls) and you can walk above too if you'd like for views up top.

6. Re: 3 days in Colorado Springs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2014, 06:19