We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel suggestions

Which Colorado Springs hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Louisiana
Level Contributor
73 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel suggestions

Can anyone give me advice about the Country Lodge in Woodland Park? I have not seen any user reviews on this hotel. Will the travel time to Colorado Springs be longer that 10 minutes?

I am also considering these other hotels :

La Quinta Inn Garden of the Gods - Sinton Road

Drury Inn - Academy Blvd.

Any comments on these properties other than what is already posted would be appreciated.

Also, I've received many brochures for motels in Manitou Springs - are most of these quite old? Are they well maintained?

Thanks

Colorado
Level Contributor
443 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel suggestions

Travel time from the Country Lodge to Colorado Springs wll be about 30 minutes, it takes longer to get up/down 24 than you'd think. Also the Country Lodge is on the far west side of Woodland park, so you have to go through town. I believe it's a fairly new hotel, and looks pretty nice, but again it does take a good 1/2 hour to get do the Springs.

I've had family stay at the LaQuinta a few years ago, they said it was fine. Might also want to check the Amerisuites on the Garden of Gods. It's a little nice than the LaQuinta, and seems to have decent rates.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
73 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel suggestions

Thanks LaughingLab! I didn't realize that the drive would take up to a 1/2 hour from Woodland Park. I just saw an ad for amerisuites while on this site - it sounds like it's worth checking out. From the pictures, the rooms seem very nice.

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel suggestions

We stayed at the Sheraton in Colorado Springs and it was nice. We went to Manitou Springs, the only thing I could say about it was it was a nice place to visit but I would not want to stay in a hotel there.

mnr
Kansas City, MO.
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel suggestions

What didn't you like about Manitou?

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel suggestions

I liked Manitou Springs it had a lot of shops ect. I just did not see a hotel that I would stay in. I like newer and bigger hotels with a pool and a hot tub. Don't get me wrong, Manitou Spings is nice we went there a few times, it was only about 15 min. from where we were staying. When are you going and how long are you staying?

mnr
Kansas City, MO.
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel suggestions

Well, we may just fly out there and stay for a few days in early July, if possible. TA reviews have been good for the Cliff House.

Lincoln, NE
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
670 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel suggestions

We have stayed at the Comfort Inn North in Colorado Springs and enjoyed it. There is a stream in their backyard and we saw several deer. The rooms were clean and nice.

Colorado
Level Contributor
443 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel suggestions

The Cliff House is very nice and very upscale (and very $$$). The location is also nearly ideal, right near the heart of Manitou, but off the busy main strip.

mnr
Kansas City, MO.
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel suggestions

You're right! The Cliff House is pricey, but very nice.

Has anyone stayed at the Black Bear Inn of Pikes Peak or Rocky Mountain Lodge & Cabins??

Colorado
Level Contributor
166 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel suggestions

The Black Bear is nice but instead of staying there, I would just opt for their fantastic dinner. To me, that is the best part.