We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Garden of Gods and Peaks Pike in a single day

Ann Arbor, Michigan
8 posts
Save Topic
Garden of Gods and Peaks Pike in a single day

We are planning a single day trip to the Garden of gods and Peaks Pike. We will be driving from Denver and we need to the at the Denver Airport by 6 in the evening. Does that sound a doable trip? Should we drive to the Peaks Pike first and then to Garden of Gods or do the other way? Any suggestions would be great!

Canandaigua, New...
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Garden of Gods and Peaks Pike in a single day

If planning on doing the railroad up Pikes Peak, I would suggest doing the morning train as views are typically better (less clouds). If not doing train ride, I would hike through Garden of Gods first as it would be cooler in the summer months and I like the light better earlier in the day.

colorado springs,co
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,986 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Garden of Gods and Peaks Pike in a single day

You probably need to be on the first cog of the day. Be sure to get reservations. You most likely won't have time to hike in the G of G's, although it is close enough to Pikes Peak to drive through. There is a nice little deli in the Visitor's Center which should suffice for lunch. The views from the Center are outstanding.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,447 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Garden of Gods and Peaks Pike in a single day

As noted, GG hike earlier would be cooler. However, I think you may find it a bit of a stretch to do both on a daytrip from Denver and get back to airport by 6 pm. What time is your actual flight?

Colorado Springs...
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
4,258 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Garden of Gods and Peaks Pike in a single day

It can be done. I don't see it mentioned what day of the week you're doing this. Traffic going back to Denver will be much heavier on a week day, and you'll need to allow some additional time. I'd book the first Cog of the morning, then go to GoG after that. You may not have a lot of time to hike there, but even just driving through is well worth the time.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Garden of Gods and Peaks Pike in a single day

Thanks everybody!

6. Re: Garden of Gods and Peaks Pike in a single day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2014, 07:19