We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Day in & around Colorado Spring

Which Colorado Springs hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NewYork
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
One Day in & around Colorado Spring

Hi folks,

First time visiting CO, and we are planning to drive to Colarado springs area from denver this weekend. Planning to leave denver around 7:30 in the morning.

Is it ambitous to do

a) Garden of the Gods

b) Stables at the Broadmoor

c) Pikes Peak Cog Railway

and be back in Denver by 8 PM.

We are travelling with a 3 year old and not sure if it's hectic to do all 3. Also is there a scenic route that can be taken between Denver-CO Springs ?

Please advice.

Thanks!

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,133 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One Day in & around Colorado Spring

If you want to do it all I recommend the 8AM cog trip (which means leaving Denver a bit earlier than your plan to make that work), then head to the Stables at Broadmoor there's one hour or two hour trail rides (you have to call for reservations or to schedule not sure what times they have nothing listed as far as that goes (children must be 7 years for the trail ride but perhaps you had other plans for your 3 yr. old then (?). So the cog goes till 11 maybe grab lunch right there in Manitou Springs then head to the stables. I would do Garden of the Gods last and depending on how/little long you take for lunch and which ride you do perhaps mid-late afternoon for Garden of the Gods. No it's not too ambitious if all works out with the family to do all three. I do think it's doable as the Garden of the Gods you can savor and take as much or as little time as you want. You can just opt to drive through, maybe a good opportunity for a nap if that way for your three year old too. As for scenic route to the Springs we've never done that so I can't speak to that at all.

Edited: 21 May 2014, 21:18
NewYork
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One Day in & around Colorado Spring

Thanks a lot for your quick reply!

Is it too much if we plan to drive through Fairplay/Breckenridge/Idaho springs while going back to Denver at the end of the day.

colorado springs,co
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One Day in & around Colorado Spring

This time of year it is really beautiful just driving up I-25. With your schedule, you won't have time to go through the towns you mention. One alternate route that wouldn't be much extra time, would be to take 83 to Parker.

4. Re: One Day in & around Colorado Spring

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2015, 05:17