We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Broadmoor

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
The Broadmoor

My husband just won a 5 night stay here in August. We have to pick out our restaurants and activities now. Which are the top ones we should request? Any other tips on staying here would be great :)

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,140 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Broadmoor

oh how wonderful for you, you are lucky indeed! I would say definitely get to the Sunday Brunch (Lake Terrace) they're super well known for if Sunday is one of your days (unless they gave you M-F).

There's the Stables at Broadmoor to check out if you're interested in horseback riding. Also thoroughly checking out the grounds.

In the Springs visit Garden of the Gods, the cog railway www.cograilway.com , the Air Force Academy (free), Pioneers Museum for a taste of the area (free and in an old ornate courthouse).

There's Red Rock Canyon and Helen Hunt Falls.

A great unique zoo/location is the Cheyenne Mtn. Zoo but be sure to take in the up above view at Will Rogers Shrine to the Sun.

Cave of the Winds some enjoy.

Manitou Springs for dining.

Nearby Woodland Park for scenic beauty and Florrisant Fossil Beds. There's the Wolf Center in Divide.

Canon City for the Royal Gorge, Skyline Drive, Riverwalk and the bridge and park. Some enjoy helicopter tours of the canyon or rafting.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Broadmoor

Thank you so much! Great info! Do you know anymore about the dinning at The Broadmoor? So far I've only really read about Penrose, Summit and Golden Bee.

We leave that Sunday morning. Do they have brunch at Lake Terrace during the week or Saturday?

Also wondering about the SPA too :)

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,140 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Broadmoor

all I know is about their special Sunday brunch (featured on tv/youtube, etc.). I have heard of the Golden Bee. We have yet to take it in the Broadmoor. I would check the reviews for each here on TA and maybe Springschick or lawgirl can chime in on which restaurant here they like best. I haven't heard feedback on the spa but would check their review here as well.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Broadmoor

Just found out we only get 2 nights on our own for dinner. Going with my husbands company

colorado springs,co
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,981 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Broadmoor

The brunch is only for Sunday.

Penrose Room is very high end with great atmosphere and incredible views.

Ristorante Del Lago is a brand new Italian Restaurant. I haven't had the opportunity to eat there yet.

The Summit is a swanky younger crowd, good drinks and small plates.

The Golden Bee has a fun, sing -a-long, casual atmosphere.

The Tavern has good food, I have eaten a few times there for lunch, but it is not as popular as the others.

The Hotel Bar doesn't have great bar food, but it's nice to go there for a drink and sit out by the fireplace in the evenings or before dinner.

Between which activities do you get to choose?

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: The Broadmoor

Congrats on your win! They also just opened a brand new Italian Restaurant in the West side of the building or if you'd like something more low key you could always grab some adult milkshakes and bites at PlAy - their bowling alley. There is also a new organic eatery that just opened on site.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Broadmoor

Thanks everyone!

We selected Penrose Room and Summit. For activates we decided on the SPA & white water rafting.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Broadmoor

I do want to check out The Play & The golden bee. They both sound great!

Colorado Springs...
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
4,256 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Broadmoor

Great choices! Penrose Room is an incredible experience, and I really like Summit. Do check out the Golden Bee, as it is a lot of fun. It's also a good option for lunch.

I wasn't aware the new organic place had opened - they were originally on tap for mid-June, so they must have moved it up. Also, although the "big" brunch is only on Sundays, they used to do a smaller, scaled down version during the week. That may be seasonal, or may have changed. With restaurants opening and closing over the last few months, there have been a number of changes.

Have a great time!

10. Re: The Broadmoor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2015, 05:17