We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traffic times

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Traffic times

We are planning to vacation in C.C the first week in September, and we will be staying near Palmer Park in the Century Heights neighborhood. I have been looking up restaurants and attractions to see the distance from the vacation homes. I am a little surprised how traveling 7 miles is a 20 minute commute, and wondering if traffic is really that bad?

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
6,532 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traffic times

That's roughly 30mph. With traffic lights and speed limits in residential areas, 20 minutes seems like a totally reasonable travel time in a city with zero traffic.

Colorado Springs...
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
4,264 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traffic times

It will depend to some extent on where you're going and what day of the week/time of day. I live four miles from downtown, but it generally takes me 15 minutes or so to get down there. 20 minutes during busy times of day. As mentioned, factors such as residential neighborhoods and stoplights cause that to be the case.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,595 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traffic times

I think that's actually a pretty good pace for driving in the city. It certainly depends on where you're going for seven miles. I used to live there and still visit often on business and have never considered traffic to be an issue in Colorado Springs. I would not put it on your worry list for the trip. You'll get around as easily or more so than you do at home.

Have fun.

4. Re: Traffic times

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2015, 06:17