We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

spring skiing-what to wear?

Florida
Level Contributor
740 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
spring skiing-what to wear?

I'm assuming the temp is a little different each year, but in general what do people wear for Spring skiing? We will be there April 12-16.

Colorado
Level Contributor
11,673 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: spring skiing-what to wear?

Sunny days in April can get pretty warm (50s). Mornings can still be chilly so dress in layers and peel them off as it warms up. You'll want to wear a base layer that wicks perspiration away from your skin.

I wear a ski pant shell (kind of like wind pants), and a light jacket/soft shell (not a ski parka). Jackets that have zip out fleece liners work very well.

Wear high SPF sunscreen!

Florida
Level Contributor
740 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: spring skiing-what to wear?

Thank you. Never saw a ski pant shell as ski wear is limited in Florida. Is it kinda like sweat pants (not the cotton kind)? I just looked and my ski jacket does have the inner part that zips out.

3. Re: spring skiing-what to wear?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2010, 06:17