We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving route from Frisco

colorado
Level Contributor
712 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
driving route from Frisco

Looks like the drive from Frisco is about 3.5 hours...though I thought i remembered a quicker way, through Taylor Rez area? Could be wrong.

May also drive to Glenwood Springs and meet friend, then drive from there. Only about 2.5 hours from there, it seems--as long as Mapquest is telling truth about seasonal route being open, which I assume it is.

Any info I don't know about these routes? Thanks!

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,138 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: driving route from Frisco

driving Glenwood Springs and through Kebler Pass is a great option if you're going this summer. It's a pretty route through Kebler and it does cut down the time. I'm not sure about through Taylor Res. You could certainly try. I know our GPS showed a shortcut to CB from Taylor Park/Reservoir and that ended up not really being a road after all though it showed it as one....though the main road was decent and would certainly work from Taylor Park to Crested Butte via Almont and on to CB....before Taylor Park I'm not familiar with how the rest of that road is.

Edited: 01 August 2013, 18:14
Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,727 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: driving route from Frisco

I drove Cottonwood Pass last August to Crested Butte and it was really picturesque. There was some construction going on - actually a lot of construction, and I am not so sure about saving time. But I am glad we did it - we even stopped at Taylor Park Res bridge and tried to catch a monster trout - too smart for us! The top of Cottonwood pass had great views. It was pretty much all dirt roads - so any rental car person reading this post should know they can't go over this pass. We came home from Telluride via Grand Junction and I-70 - much faster, but not as pretty.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
6,139 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: driving route from Frisco

DIstance wise, the trip over Cottonwood Pass (past Taylor Res) will be much shorter and the views from 12,000+ ft are amazing. However, there is major road work going on and so it might not take any less time.

If you're going to Glenwood then definitely take Kebler Pass. It's a huge short-cut with with outstanding views. I drove over Kebler after Thanksgiving last year but usually the route closes at some point in October.

4. Re: driving route from Frisco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 06:18