We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a romantic restaurant in Denver

Grand Junction, CO
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a romantic restaurant in Denver

I need help! My husband and I are planning a long weekend getaway in Denver for our first anniversary. I have booked a room at the Magnolia Hotel and now I am searching for a romantic spot to have dinner the night we arrive. So far I am thinking any cozy steakhouse or italian place with lots of ambience would be perfect, and from other posts it looks like the Denver Chophouse, Willie G's, Mortons, and The Broker Restaurant may all be good choices.

How do I choose? Are there any spots I am missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Denver
Denver
Colorado
Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a romantic restaurant in Denver

From your list, I'd say that Morton's and The Broker would be the most romantic. If Morton's is on your list (i.e., high end steakhouse), then I would also highly recommend The Capital Grille in Larimer Square. I was absolutely blown away by the service and the quality of the food, worth the big bucks for an occasion as special as your first anniversary!

Another suggestion for a place I consider the most romantic restaurant in Denver would be Strings at 17th and Humboldt in Upper Downtown (about a five-minute drive from Magnolia) (http://www.stringsrestaurant.com/about.html) Very elegant spot and definitely geared to romance.

A cozy Italian place I'd recommend is across I-25 in the old Highlands neighborhood is Pagliacci's (less than 10 minute drive) (http://www.ipagliaccio.com/) Traditional, classic Italian food and ambiance, very well done.

Lots of places to choose from for just a long weekend. Congrats on your anniversary!

Mentioned in this post
Larimer Square
Larimer Square
563 Reviews
Denver, CO
Denver
Denver
Colorado
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
14,056 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a romantic restaurant in Denver

The Broker? I think of it as a place for Prom and people celebrating their 50th anniversary.

Colorado
Level Contributor
534 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a romantic restaurant in Denver

I would not recommend the Broker. If you're willing to drive, check out Brook's, it is about 20 minutes south of Denver, just off of I-25. The food and service are phenomenal. Strings is also worth mention, one of the best restaurants I've eaten at. I also recommend the Vesta Dipping Grill, Marlowe's, and Restaurant Kevin Taylor.

Mentioned in this post
Denver
Denver
Colorado
Genesee, CO
Level Contributor
646 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a romantic restaurant in Denver

i would add on tante louise.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a romantic restaurant in Denver

Unfortunately, Izzy, Tante Louise closed in 2005 - that would have been an excellent choice.

Grand Junction, CO
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a romantic restaurant in Denver

So The Broker looks like it's out... we are both under 30 and I am definitely NOT wearing a prom dress. Strings, Kevin Taylor, and Brook's all seem possibly romantic. What about the Palace Arms? I've heard the food is amazing but maybe a litte too stuffy? I want atmosphere but my husband would be happy with the best steak on earth... so what about Morton's or Ruth's Chris? Thank you all for your suggestions, it feels difficult to narrow down so many great places!

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,617 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a romantic restaurant in Denver

I have a friend who has been to most of the steak places in town and her favorite is The Capital Grill on Larimer Square.

Sue

Mentioned in this post
Larimer Square
Larimer Square
563 Reviews
Denver, CO
Grand Junction, CO
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a romantic restaurant in Denver

Thanks everyone for your help. I think the Capital Grille may be the winner! To add some romance to the evening we may have cocktails in the lobby of the Brown Palace or maybe Peak's Lounge before dinner.

9. Re: Looking for a romantic restaurant in Denver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 18:17