We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport in Denver or CO Springs?

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
34 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Airport in Denver or CO Springs?

Which airport is better? I have found pricing to be pretty similiar at each.

Thanks!

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
648 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport in Denver or CO Springs?

I guess it depends on what you are looking for.....DIA is enormous. If you're looking for lots of restaurants,shops, more travel options(shuttles,rental cars ect),DIA is nice. The downside is that it is usually more crowded,longer lines, more expensive parking, worse traffic ect.

Colorado Springs' airport is much smaller, but still very nice. I like it better because there are less people, less lines, less traffic and craziness.

Where are you trying to get to? That might make your decision easier...

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
34 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport in Denver or CO Springs?

We would like to visit Denver, Colorado Springs and Beaver Creek. It really doesn't matter what order we visit those places. It sounds like less headaches at the airport in CS.

How is the drive between CS and Denver?

Woodland Park...
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport in Denver or CO Springs?

Colorado Springs airport is a breeze to fly out of. It's small so you get through security quickly. They've recently redone many of the public areas as well so it's much nicer. Free wifi as well which is a plus. For the same price, it's a no brainer IMO. We usually make the drive to DIA as the rates are usually substantially less.

To answer your other question, the drive between Denver and Colorado Springs is a breeze, I make it 3 times (or more) a month with no problem. It's a pretty drive. Depending on where you are coming from it should take 45-60 minutes to get from the south side of Denver to the north side of Colorado Springs.

4. Re: Airport in Denver or CO Springs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 13:17