We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How crowded will Six Flaggs be...

Which Denver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How crowded will Six Flaggs be...

The first week of June? I know the kids there will be out of school then, so I am wondering if that is going to be a huge factor. Also wondering if we got there around 3:00 in the afternoon, would 7 hours be enough to do all the roller coasters?

Thanks!

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How crowded will Six Flaggs be...

My experience has been it depends on the weather. If you pick a day that cloudy and cool, you'll have a better chance of having shorter lines. It's hard to say if seven hours will be enough to do all the coasters. Just be prepared to spend most of that time in line!

Denver
Level Contributor
422 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How crowded will Six Flaggs be...

True, the lines won't be short, but I've never waited much more than a half hour for any ride. Elitch's only has two full-size (barely, lol) roller-coasters, and four roller-coaster-style attractions, so if you waited a half hour at each, you'd still be done under four hours. The evening is also the best time to go, IMO, both for the shorter lines and to avoid the mid-day heat. You should be fine.

For another great rollercoaster and shorter lines, you might want to check out Lakeside Amusement Park, too. They have a certified "classic" coaster (The Cyclone) and an old wild mouse coaster, which is rare find in most amusement parks. Since you only pay $1.50 to get in the park, and about $1.50 to ride each ride, Lakeside is less expensive, too.

Virginia
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How crowded will Six Flaggs be...

Thanks for the info. on Lakewood. Unfortunately we only have 1 free day while we are out there and that is if I can juggle friends and family in between a wedding and graduation at the Academy.

Virginia
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: How crowded will Six Flaggs be...

oops, meant to say Lakeside.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How crowded will Six Flaggs be...

After your last post, just to clarify, there are two amusement parks in Denver; one at Six Flags Elitch Gardens and another much older one, at Lakeside. They are not the same! Lakeside only has one coaster, a very old rickety one. You definitely want to go to Six Flags

Denver
Level Contributor
422 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How crowded will Six Flaggs be...

Everyone is entitled to their opinion - in mine, I have to say that I think The Cyclone is the best rollercoaster in Denver (better than Twister II at Elitch's). While I would agree that Elitch's has more thrill rides than Lakeside, I think that the Wild Chipmunk (wild mouse rollercoaster) and The Cyclone are the two best rollercoasters (or rollercoaster-type rides) that Denver offers.

And The Cyclone isn't rickety - it's just antique! ;-)

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
467 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How crowded will Six Flaggs be...

Last time I rode the wild chipmunk I thought I was going to be bruised for a week!

I do love the feel of Lakeside...it reminds me of the old Elich Gardens before it was bought out and made into 6 Flags. The rides at Lakeside are more....traditional. Plus its cheaper ;)

It might depend on how old your kids are on whether they would enjoy it or not. :)

Denver
Level Contributor
422 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How crowded will Six Flaggs be...

Ah, yes...the old Elitch Gardens...how I miss her! *sniff*

Now THAT was a great amusement park! The current Six Flags doesn't hold a candle...

ROCKY MTN HIGH
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How crowded will Six Flaggs be...

Hi Mego- sounds like you will be in Colorado Springs at the Acadamy? You could stay in the Springs, since you have the 2 events going on, as there is a lot to do in Colorado Springs, but no roller coaster that I know of. Six Flags Elitch Gardens is not the same as say - 6 flags in Texas. It is not as big nor as fun, our 6 flags is way small in comparison- IMO it should not even be called a six flags! It wil probobly be full of kids, especially on the weekend, but you should be able to make it through the lines within the time you have.