We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colorado Rockies game

Which Denver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
13 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Colorado Rockies game

Heading to Denver last weekend in July. Want to take in a Rockies/Dodgers game on Saturday. Easy to get tickets day of game or should we purchase in advance via web? Don't need the best seats in the park...

Any recommended sections, those with a great view of city or mountains?

Is it easy to purchase a ticket for entry and sit in various sections of the park? (i.e. upper and lower decks/outfield and infield - I prefer to get many different vantage points when visiting a stadium for the first time).

Thank you for any comments!

Loveland, Colorado
Level Contributor
621 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Colorado Rockies game

I've been to many games and I have yet to see a sold out game. I think you should be fine purchasing tickets the day of,but if you want to do it on-line to be sure that is fine too. There are a lot of great spots in the stadium to sit, the only place that doesn't really get any views of the mountains is behind home plate and around third base. Outfield gets good views and the first baseline does too if you get up high enough.

Typically you can move around a little,assuming it isn't a crowded day. You can't move into the good sections because they have people checking tickets,but you can explore up high in the outfield for the most part. One of my fav places to sit is in the Rock Pile, it's like $5/ticket and it's way the heck out there,but it's fun!

Denver
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Colorado Rockies game

Actually several Rockies games sell out. The Dodgers game is sure to sell out as there are a ton of Dodger fans here. I would go to the rockies site and buy tickets there. Cubs vs. Rockies game completely sold out. You might not have a problem with the Thursday or Sunday games but Frid/Sat are sure to go quickly. Also I might add that the pavilion seats are great here. Good Luck.

Acton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,585 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Colorado Rockies game

I've never had a problem getting tickets on gameday, but I also don't usually see the "big " games either. I hope you have a great time!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
13 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Colorado Rockies game

Thanks for the suggestions! We will get some tickets over the internet for good measure. Narrowed down to Pavillion, Right Field Box or Rockpile.

Denver
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Colorado Rockies game

I particularly like the pavillion bc they have some of the shortest (usually) beer/food lines.

Denver
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Colorado Rockies game

Oh and its one of the only places in the park that have Miller lite on draft. If you were wondering:)

Denver
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Colorado Rockies game

Speaking of not selling out. 3 straight sellouts and plenty more to come now that the Rox's are playing real baseball. If there is one thing Denver is known for it is great sports fans. If you are winning people will show up...guaranteed. Or even if you are losing the Broncos will be full. Watch out for the seats to get fuller and fuller at Coors!

Acton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,585 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Colorado Rockies game

I was sooo happy to see the Rocks kick the crap outta the Yankees! I hope they keep up the great job!

9. Re: Colorado Rockies game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 06:25