We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Day in Denver

Chicago, IL
3 posts
Save Topic
A Day in Denver

I am going to Denver for a wedding this weekend. I will have a couple of days to spend there. I believe we are just going to stay in the city. What are good places to go and see? We will probably shop, and I heard there is a large mall there. Any other shopping districts with different stores other than the usual (boutiques, etc)? Any other places to go?

Eating is very important, too. No chains please. I can get the best of those in Chicago.

If I had to travel outside of the city, anything close and well worth it?

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: A Day in Denver

There are several malls in the area:

In the city, the one closest to downtown is Cherry Creek Mall in the Cherry Creek North area. You will find a lot of independent shops across from the mall along with cafes/ spas etc.

Go to www.cherrycreeknorth.com

There are plenty of good restaurants in this small area alone: North- adjacent to the JW Marriott; Brix on St. Paul St and 3rd; Cherry Creek Grill on 3rd and Steele; Emogene for desserts

Restaurants near downtown area:

Restaurant Nine 75- 975 Lincoln- lots of appetizers- like lobster tacos, kobe sliders, etc

Deluxe- on Broadway and Ellsworth- small place- easy to miss as you drive by but good food.

Zengo- on Little Raven St. Latin fusion - north of LoDo

Parisi's for Pizza on 44th and Tennyson-

Coral Room- North Highlands area

Downtown-

Bistro Vendome

Capital Grille( Larimer Square) or The Chop House for steaks

Wynkoop Brewery

Places to visit:

The Botanic Gardens; have a walk along City Park; The Denver Art Museum

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: A Day in Denver

By the way: other malls- Park Meadows in Englewood and also the Belmar Shopping area.

Colorado Western...
Destination Expert
for Ouray, Outdoors / Adventure Travel, Montrose
Level Contributor
655 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A Day in Denver

I don't know what your other interests are, but here's an article that lists a whole itinerary of things to do in and near Denver, and all of them are free:

www.colorado-for-free.com/DenverForFree.htm

Illinois
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A Day in Denver

Hi, Don't know ifyou will get this mail but here goes. We are going to Denver this summer and I was wondering if it is possible to drive from Rockford, Il to Denver in one day. Did you drive and if you did how long did it take you?

Thanks, Juyd

Illinois
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A Day in Denver

Hi, Don't know if you will get this but it is worth a shot. Did you drive to Denver from Chicago? If you did how long did it take you and did you do it in one day?

Thanks, Judy

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A Day in Denver

DesMoines to Denver driving time is 10 to 11 hours. Add to that the time from either Chi or Rockford.

tptr

7. Re: A Day in Denver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2009, 06:19