We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast in Denver

New England
Level Contributor
348 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast in Denver

We are staying in Denver for 2 nights at the end of Sept. We're looking for the best recommendations for breakfast. We are willing to drive some for good grub, but are staying downtown. Are there other areas of the city that have good food. We are looking for a gourmet getaway but breakfast is our best meal. Has anyone had any unforgetable breakfasts lately in Denver?

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
96 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast in Denver

I've always been partial to Sams #3, which is downtown on Curtis and 15th Street. Their website can easily be found doing an internet search, and the menu is available on there. it's nothing extraordinarily fancy, but they have great comfort food. The menu is huge, though it leans more toward the savory side rather than having breakfast sweets (fruity pancakes and the like.)

If you're looking for a nice big brunch, the Wash Park Grille has a very nice brunch (quite heavy on the seafood,) and it's always topped off with a freshly made hot fudge sundae.

Crepes and Crepes on 3rd and Detroit in Cherry Creek North is fantastic (if you like crepes, that is.) Seating is very tight in there, but the food is well worth it. They offer both sweet and savory crepes, and I've never had a bad one yet!

Colorado
Level Contributor
321 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast in Denver

Pete's Kitchen on Colfax is a local fav for breakfast. It's a real greasy spoon, but delicious.

If you want elegant, we love the breakfasts at Ellingtons inside the Brown Palace.

Glenwood Springs...
Level Contributor
473 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast in Denver

If you want a wonderful Sunday brunch, head west to Simms Landing, located on the Frontage road at 6th Ave & Simms. The food is great and the choices are plentiful with both breakfast and lunch options. You can also enjoy some nice views. My only warning is don't wear tight clothing. With so many good choices you will find it hard to stop sampling. I don't remember the exact price, but I believe it is somewhere around $20 - $25 dollars.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
12 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast in Denver

Dixon's on 16th Street downtown is GREAT!

New England
Level Contributor
348 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast in Denver

Thank you everyone! All of these places sound really good. We are not even sure where we are staying yet, but it will be downtown for 2 days prior to a couple of days in Vail for a wedding.

Denver. CO
Level Contributor
156 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast in Denver

There's great breakfast places downtown and in Lodo...

Dozen's is a longtime Denver breakfast place, over by the new Art Museum building. Good solid menu with all the traditional breakfast foods. There's always a loyal crowd there on the weekends. 236 W 13th Ave, Denver, CO

Snooze in lodo is the newer "hip" place for breakfast. The chocolate french toast is decadent. 2262 Larimer St, Denver CO http://www.snoozedenver.com/

Both are great places. Expect to wait a little for a table on the weekends.

New England
Level Contributor
348 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast in Denver

Wow! Chocolate french toast! Sounds fantastic.

I used to live in Denver 6 years ago. Worked in Englewood, but never spent much time downtown. And I'm sure much has changed in six years. I'm so excited to go back to Denver! Planning everyday...It's our 5 year wedding anniversary this fall, and a best friend is getting married while we are there. I couldn't think of a better place to spend our vacation.

Thank you all for the wonderful recommendations. That is why I love Colorado so much. Everyone is so helpful and friendly.

United States
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Breakfast in Denver

I highly recommend Snooze. I'll be going there this weekend once again to eat their PEANUT BUTTER & JELLY PANCAKES!!!!

Yum

Parker, Colorado
Level Contributor
94 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Breakfast in Denver

I love a good, filling breakfast! I'll also recommend Snooze! They have pretty tasty and creative breakfasts. Ummm, just remembering the Molten Chocolate French Toast! Can't wait until I can go back and try one of the many other appetising dishes.

10. Re: Breakfast in Denver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 04:17