We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rockies Baseball

Carolina
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
Rockies Baseball

I don't watch baseball, but my wife expressed an interest in seeing a Rockies game. What's the least and most amount of time that I could expect the game to last? How early would I need to get there and how long will it take to get out and on to a non-traffic-filled street?

Westminster...
Level Contributor
240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Rockies Baseball

I know this is a very late reply, but it may help someone else.

A baseball game could last from 2 hours to 6 hours or even more. Most likely it will take 2.5-3.5 hours.

You should get to the ballpark at least 15-20 minutes before game time to go through the ticket line and get to your seat. There are some pre-game activities to watch and you can watch the baseball players warm-up if you get there earlier. They open the gates 2 hours before game time. You can eat dinner as a restaurant in the ballpark then. There's also a brewpub in the park.

Expect to pay $10 (up to $30 for special/crowded games) for parking near the park. If you park further away the price drops. There are parking garages on 16th St that you can do for $5. It's a small walk to the park then. There's also the Rockies Ride from the RTD. http://www.rtd-denver.com

Excluding walking time from the park to your car, it could be 5-15 minutes to get to a non-crowded street. It depends on how close the game is, how many people are at the game and how many leave early.

2. Re: Rockies Baseball

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 09:17